Current time: 27/04/2024, 05:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
(20/06/2018 11:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  Aintree have a lot of deckers. NW have a few but they would need drivers who are on reasonable wages which would up their cost. D&G have no deckers. GHA had plenty and drivers were low paid (as far as I know) so it is no surprise they ran the shuttles. Helms/Aintree have lots of deckers and the drivers are lowish paid (compared to NW, Arriva, Stagecoach etc) so it could be that side of things? Just down to how many deckers you have and how much you pay drivers?

Whether double deckers or large single deckers have been used on the Cheshire Show shuttles have depended on whose operated the service. I recall someone saying D&G used their Adderley Green allocated Metrocities when the year they operated the shuttle, GHA used single deckers the first time they ran the service but moved to deckers in subsequent years. It's a long time since it was operated by Network Warrington, I'm not even sure saying Network Warrington ran it was technically correct, I think they may have still been called Warrington Borough Transport.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham - knutstransport - 20/06/2018 12:43
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham - CX55BUS - 31/12/2013, 18:47
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham - CX55BUS - 01/01/2014, 13:54
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham - CX55BUS - 01/01/2014, 14:38

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)