Current time: 08/05/2024, 23:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
(06/03/2018 14:37)326VFM Wrote:  Facebook reported that one of Helms Trident towed away for scrapped this morning at near Glossop Derbyshire. Reg no not sure it was X***NNO or possibly V137MEV?? Use PVS red truck.

They don't actually pass through Glossop. The photos were taken in Mottram as it comes off the M67 motorway. From there they then travel through Hollingworth and Tintwhistle and onto Woodhead pass.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
AW04XCK was at K&R Walsh at Irlam this morning. Must be having some major engine work.
Very interesting things popping up on VOSA. Route 272 is cancelled. As is the 7. I am shocked to see. I know the 7 is on it's way out but I never thought it got this bad. 272 doesn't do the best. I wonder what Arrowebrook will take. I can't see Stagecoach taking the 7 or 272 as they are both concessionary card routes. If anyone has more information, it would be appreciated.
(03/05/2018 23:52)iMarkeh Wrote:  Very interesting things popping up on VOSA. Route 272 is cancelled. As is the 7. I am shocked to see. I know the 7 is on it's way out but I never thought it got this bad. 272 doesn't do the best. I wonder what Arrowebrook will take. I can't see Stagecoach taking the 7 or 272 as they are both concessionary card routes. If anyone has more information, it would be appreciated.

Im sure that Arrowebrook have cancelled their service 26 as well
No the 26 has not been cancelled

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/05/2018 16:08)T42 PVM Wrote:  No the 26 has not been cancelled
Possibly the 7, 272 and 26 are going up for tender. As far as I know, Guilden Sutton -> Wervin is commercial but maybe it isn't paying (I wouldn't be surprised with the prices. The driver wanted to charge me like £5 for a single to Ellesmere Port. I told him, I could get a day ticket and go to Southport for less than that).
There is one of the problems of running rural bus services that do not pay there way , they price the fares too high
(05/05/2018 16:45)wirralbus Wrote:  There is one of the problems of running rural bus services that do not pay there way , they price the fares too high

I think it's really an issue with bus routes where the majority of passengers are pass holders, which can include short services in urban areas where walking is an alternative for most people. As the reimbursement for passes is proportional to the average single fare paid by a fare paying passenger, they can probably get more overall by taking 1 x £5 single than 5 x £2 singles if they have 20 pass holders on board.
They never really did get the system for reimbursement of pass holders right in the first place though , this is leaving some routes right on the knife edge .

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)