Current time: 08/05/2024, 21:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
Sorry, I didnt see it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Do Aintree have more than one Merchant Taylor route as it was recently said that BCI operated it and you are saying a solo does it? Either they have more than 1 route or BCI is just spare at the moment.
(03/05/2017 20:17)iMarkeh Wrote:  Do Aintree have more than one Merchant Taylor route as it was recently said that BCI operated it and you are saying a solo does it? Either they have more than 1 route or BCI is just spare at the moment.

Aintree operate a number of the Merchant Taylor routes. One of the journeys is done by the Solo, and others by either the BCI, Enviro400 or some of the V-ESC tridents.
ahh, fab. Do you know which routes they do? I am looking on the school site and it doesnt say who does each route.
(03/05/2017 22:27)iMarkeh Wrote:  ahh, fab. Do you know which routes they do? I am looking on the school site and it doesnt say who does each route.

Three possable four start from or run through Southport three from the north end of the town and one from Hillside (actually by the Crown P.H. on Liverpool Road.) I've got a feeling that another one starts st Formby. also on related school runs from this aria there are two Maghull Coaches vehicle from Southport to Stansfield and St Mary's
(03/05/2017 22:27)iMarkeh Wrote:  ahh, fab. Do you know which routes they do? I am looking on the school site and it doesnt say who does each route.

At the risk of being shot down in flames I will mske the following observations. Birkdale Ainsdale & Formby, Gifford & Southport, Southport Sinior Girls & Southport Birkdale & Formby are all worked By Aintree. Southport & Formby infent & junior is worked by Maghull Coaches. Tarbock Travel operate from M. T. possibly the woolton & South Liverpool route, Hurst of Wigan have also been noted on presumably Wigan Orrel & Skelmersdale route. Most of the other routes are probably worked by Aintree as Merchant Taylor's is the main contract. It is rather difficult to sort out what's what on the ground bearing in mind tgat St. Mary's is ajacent, there's buses buses evrywhare mostly Aintree with a sprinkling of Maghull and odd Tarbock and Hurst.
Just as a matter of interest I was informed that SN58CDK will be part exchanged for the new two axle BCI
Can I ask why you will be 'shot down in flames'? If anyone has seen any of these route like if it goes down your road or whatever, can you say what vehicle is normally allocated. Of course I dont want to see anyone being sacked or anything because I am asking for routes. Most school buses have names on of what sch route they are on so I thought someone in the area might have seen such a sign.
The Merchant Taylors runs are a private contract and do not (or didn't) display route numbers and destinations. From an Aintree perspective, it used to be the case that the same bus and driver would do the same run each day.

SD.
I guessed they would be private but even when my school did a private hire, they had 1, 2 and 3 on the front of each bus on paper so classes knew which bus to get on. That is why I thought maybe it would have something just on paper so students knew which bus people used to get on.

I can not see why same driver, same bus same route would have a effect on telling people the route or which bus ran. That could be the case, I am just saying in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure that a couple of years ago when I used to observe the Merchant Taylors Schoolbuses regular that all of the buses actually had slipboards in the windscreen that gave the name of the school and where they were going.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)