Current time: 26/04/2024, 07:25 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
RE: Aintree Coachline / Helms of Eastham
It will be to do with concessionary fares but in that case. The 272 is a pass holder route. I wonder when Redrow are going to start funding that brand new Hooton -> Ledsham -> Eport service that was mentioned in their planning application? That could easily extend to Neston depending on which way around Ellesmere Port it went (if it goes a long way round Eport, it may not have time to extend).

Ellesmere Port can be busy but you have to run your services right. Residents were saying a few times buses are going the wrong way or not turning up on route 7 so I guess people lost faith. Then to add on, it is missing out the whole of Jackswood Ave where loads of houses are built/being build (they are new build and not designated over 55 homes so any passengers would almost certainly be paying so more money in the kitty). You look how GHA ran the 7, it was really busy and since Helms took over, it has gradually dropped off. According to Google, it no longer serves Percivial Road either. Another busy spot. Saturday service has been dropped so that is another drop of passengers. Routes won't work when it is unreliable, doesn't serve busy areas (or what could be a busy area) and it doesn't run on Saturdays. Hopefully someone takes it on as profitable as GHA proved (and they were using more drivers than needed as drivers did 1 round trip then had an hour break). It will be put back on though whether commercial or tendered as it will leave too many residents without a service. I can't see Stagecoach taking it though unless it is tendered. Too many passes.

The 272 is low frequency, doesn't run Saturdays. It is bound to fail when it is like that. Many residents use Hooton station due to the high frequency of trains (and the large car park). If the frequency was a bit higher and ran from Eport to Hooton at peak time, it could do a lot better (I know this would need another bus but link it with another route or extend the 272). Maybe if it served Princess Road it could help (I know it isn't the best for buses but it is an area not served rather than following route 2 all the way into Ellesmere Port. I know it is tendered so the overpaid office workers get to decide which way it goes and the timetable etc.

I wish the CWaCC workers actually went out and listened to people's views on their local bus services. Maybe money would be spent more wisely and bus services improved. Look at Lancashire council, throwing all that money out on bus services. That is what Cheshire needs (given it is similar to Lancashire with it being lots of rural areas with a few large towns and city).
It will certainly be interesting to see who wins the tenders though. They will have to sort it soon though or they will have to go under short notice registrations. I hope Stagecoach for the fares and ticketing arrangement but it would be good to see the independants get a route as well. Helms and Arrowebrook being the only independants in Cheshire West (to my knowledge)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/05/2018 11:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  Look at Lancashire council, throwing all that money out on bus services. That is what Cheshire needs (given it is similar to Lancashire with it being lots of rural areas with a few large towns and city).

What's happened in Lancashire is partly due to political games. Westminster cut funding for councils, so Lancashire (then under Labour control), like most other councils, started cutting back bus funding. The Lancashire Tories won control of the council by arguing Labour had cut back some public services more than they needed to, so wanted to make it look like they were reversing cuts. However, the Conservatives now plan to save £442m by 2022: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lan...e-42270799

Quote:Helms and Arrowebrook being the only independants in Cheshire West (to my knowledge)

D&G have a small depot just inside the Cheshire West boundary (in Wincham) and while all their current Cheshire services serve Cheshire East the 70 and 89 services serve Cheshire West as well.
Is it known yet iM if Stagecoach will take on the 7 in Ellesmere Port?
Yes, Stagecoach have registered the 7 today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(01/06/2018 18:00)T42 PVM Wrote:  Yes, Stagecoach have registered the 7 today

Any news on the 272

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(01/06/2018 18:00)T42 PVM Wrote:  Yes, Stagecoach have registered the 7 today

Stagecoach are only going to operate the Ellesmere Port - Rivacre section. That leaves the Ellesmere Port - Kendal Drive section without service. It could be that any 272 replacement ends up picking up that section of route, although there is a 4 week gap between the two services ending which could make it a bit messy to organise. Time will tell no doubt.
(06/05/2018 11:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  I wish the CWaCC workers actually went out and listened to people's views on their local bus services.

What makes you think they don't? They have been doing exactly that on the 41 and 272 and who knows which other supported services for the last few weeks.
(01/06/2018 21:07)chester285 Wrote:  Any news on the 272

No one has registered it yet but will keep my eye on VOSA

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Red Trident LX03 OSG on the City Rail-Link today in London Red, but fitted with working electronic display
Just seen a post on facebook froma Helms Driver with a post saying the 272 is saved and a picture of him with a ex London Trident with roller blinds in london style set for 272 Neston

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)