Current time: 26/04/2024, 13:14 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Worst and Best Current Local Bus Livery
RE: Worst and Best Current Local Bus Livery
(06/06/2012 22:19)K853 MTJ Wrote:  
(06/06/2012 22:14)Its a hobby Wrote:  K853 MTJ I have not seen Howard Travel livery do you have any pics or know where these are located?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/j-s-p/6318922634/ Smile
Mainly around Warrington on schools mate, but they get in Liverpool, Chester, Manchester and surrounding areas on Rail Replacements Smile

Thanks for the image link. Its a nice livery

Cool Life is for living !
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Cumfy's livery is pretty poor, when it fades their buses just look untidy. I am not a fan of HTL's either, all green just does not do it for me. The best, well Arriva's new livery looks smart particularly when first done as long as the yellow line is placed at the bottom correctly, also Stagecoaches is quite distinctive and seems to suit all of their buses quite well.
Worst on Lastbus,small operators,best on Warrington,Arriva,with the stagecoach

livery nice & bright

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
There are some great liveries out there but they often only suit specific types of bus, to me part of the point of a livery is to be uniform and last well. I think that the Howards/Springfield livery is one of the best local operator liveries, but I have to say that for me the best livery around out area at the moment is Stagecoach. I have to say that the new interurban Arriva livery is much better and more practical.

You have to accept that you can't complain about the effects of age as that isn't the livery at fault, perhaps cheap paint, poor preparation or infrequent repaints can be blamed. I think you can look at ease of maintenance, which is where First falls down, the fade rate of their colours means that even as they age they look great until you try and make a repair. It's so hard to make a match work that all their buses look like patchwork quilts.

The worst livery has to go to Happy Als, their maroon looks great for about a week then it goes very matt and needs some serious relief. It takes a lot to make very dark colours work on a bus, especially with little or no relief.
WORST- well there is a few:
Impera because it's dull tbh reminds me Chesterbus without the cream.

A1A Blue Base livery looked tacky with paint peeling off.

Happy Als well IMO they should have used the old Orange & Yellow livery on buses that used to look smart.

Supertravel or Home James - another boring livery purple base on a white body

BEST Livery there are a few
MTL Wirral And GTL (Red & Cream)- loved both Silver service and standard think this is because what I was brought up with.

Arriva Interurban (new livery) love it much better than the dull livery before that.

GHA Coaches now every livery they have done looks great like the creative Bryn Melyn livery, Line 9 livery, Wrexham to Llangollen Express, DeeBee etc all great even GHA standard livery is good.

Red Rider - used to love seeing this livery around the Wirral
(07/06/2012 10:28)P450 SWX Wrote:  WORST- well there is a few:
Impera because it's dull tbh reminds me Chesterbus without the cream.

A1A Blue Base livery looked tacky with paint peeling off.

Happy Als well IMO they should have used the old Orange & Yellow livery on buses that used to look smart.

Supertravel or Home James - another boring livery purple base on a white body

BEST Livery there are a few
MTL Wirral And GTL (Red & Cream)- loved both Silver service and standard think this is because what I was brought up with.

Arriva Interurban (new livery) love it much better than the dull livery before that.

GHA Coaches now every livery they have done looks great like the creative Bryn Melyn livery, Line 9 livery, Wrexham to Llangollen Express, DeeBee etc all great even GHA standard livery is good.

Red Rider - used to love seeing this livery around the Wirral
I did not,Red & Yellow,what an awful clash of colours,one of the worst liveries ever imo

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Im not a fan of arrivas livery myself, new or old (Although the new looks better than the old, without a doubt). Perhaps that just because I dislike the company quite a lot, but i won't start on that...

The first livery looks nice, but only when its fresh, they start to turn grey after a while and just look tatty!

I dont mind the new ACL/Helms livery as seen on the 2 enviro 400s, the president and trident V137 MEV.

I dislike most of the current liverys! As Andy C quite rightly pointed out earlier, a lot of the old liverys where better, first PMT red and yellow, a very odd choice but suited the buses in an odd sort of way!

As odd as it sounds, I dont mind Avons livery, its simple and looks ok if and when the buses are washed!

I am no longer active on this forum.
Red and yellow - an excellent combination as it provides good contrast with the yellow providing a background for route branding etc and both are solid so patching not quite as noticable.

Making a smallscale comeback in north Staffs as well;

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30109352@N0...553486464/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30109352@N0...553486464/

Locally Arriva 'Interurban' looks smart even in winter, whilst the allover unreleived green of HTL is very drab, as is Happy Al's livery.
It does suit modern vehicles looking at these pictures.
(07/06/2012 12:04)P493 MBY Wrote:  Im not a fan of arrivas livery myself, new or old (Although the new looks better than the old, without a doubt). Perhaps that just because I dislike the company quite a lot, but i won't start on that...

The first livery looks nice, but only when its fresh, they start to turn grey after a while and just look tatty!

I dont mind the new ACL/Helms livery as seen on the 2 enviro 400s, the president and trident V137 MEV.

I dislike most of the current liverys! As Andy C quite rightly pointed out earlier, a lot of the old liverys where better, first PMT red and yellow, a very odd choice but suited the buses in an odd sort of way!

As odd as it sounds, I dont mind Avons livery, its simple and looks ok if and when the buses are washed!

Luke I thought only 1 Enviro400 had been put in the new ACL livery whilst the other is in blue and silver

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)