Current time: 02/05/2024, 23:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(07/02/2019 09:38)BlukeMalarkey Wrote:  It is too late to change anything for Saturday without causing internal chaos, confusion and delay. It would lead to a big job for NwR MK and Northern to get rid of all the cancellations and then put alterations to services affected by engineering blocks. Emergency rostering and VSTP services would put pressure to that with staff not finding out their services until 1-2 days before they are due to operate.

Not to mention Arriva Transport Solutions will have to liaise with dozens of bus/coach companies to get rid of strike buses and then put rail replacement buses back in.

So, in short, no - Northern can't revert to a normal timetable or add additional services. Expect normal service from 16th Feb.

You completely misunderstood what I was getting at. I was referring to adding in some services which wouldn't have run on a strike day but should run on a Saturday. Therefore, references to asking Arriva Transport Solutions to cancel all replacement buses or trying to work out a revised Saturday timetable for diagrams affected by engineering works are not relevant to the point I was making.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North) - knutstransport - 09/02/2019 13:14

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)