Current time: 18/05/2024, 23:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(07/02/2018 18:31)childwallblues Wrote:  57301 brought 319424 from Loughborough to Allerton this afternoon. The unit originally went from Allerton to Loughborough last year for Class 769 FLEX conversion so whether this has been completed is not known at present.

Not on this unit it hasn't!

SD.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Recently refurbished 150203 split in two while operating a service approaching Leeds station earlier.
Where was it refurbished?
Arriva Traincare in Crewe.
(31/01/2018 14:06)knutstransport Wrote:  Richard Clinnick has shared pictures of the first completed 331 on his Twitter account: https://twitter.com/clinnick1

However, he says the 195s will enter service first on the Cumbria and Calder Valley to Chester routes at the December timetable change with UK track testing set to take place from August.

Although I am due a Manchester-area trip later this month, I may well wait to ride along the Ordsall curve until I can ride a 331 there. Unless I find it a useful or intriguing route to West Yorkshire this summer, that is.
Due to a 323 shortage 319s are due to take over some MAN to CRE/ALD workings from this morning.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
A 323 is set to be used for training Liverpool crews on it from today.
is this a way of passing the 323 and 319 on all routes.
I've read speculation elsewhere that the Liverpool - Manchester - Crewe service is going to see a mixture of EMU's with both 319's and 323's operating on the service alongside 331's when they enter service. I think this service is going to be a sort of unit swapper route. Also with loco hauled TPE on the route, Chat Moss is going to be very interesting from May if this all comes to pass.
(12/02/2018 10:35)wirralbus Wrote:  is this a way of passing the 323 and 319 on all routes.

Once TPE start running 2tph on Chat Moss (which is set to happen in May) the Northern stopper will be diverted to Piccadilly and joined on to the Piccadilly-Airport-Crewe service, which will be interworked with the Crewe-Stockport-Piccadilly stopper. Some diagrams will be 319s and others will be 323s. The 319s won't be allowed to go to Stoke or Glossop as their poor acceleration means they can't keep to 323 timings on those routes, despite being 100mph capable EMUs.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)