Current time: 20/05/2024, 02:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(04/01/2018 07:04)childwallblues Wrote:  158782/86/89 and 158867-71 were allocated to Northern many years ago but "borrowed" by Scotrail and never returned. Expect to see the rest of this batch with Northern soon.

It's interesting 2 have arrived now as they weren't due until the autumn. The 170s were expected to arrive in the Spring and were expected to be the first Scotrail units to transfer. Although, given many of the 150s are late it certainly isn't a bad thing that Scotrail units have arrived early.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It seems to me that over the years, if any operator has had a stock shortage, it's always a case of let's take them from Northern. We've had the situation with the 158"s as recently mentioned as well as TPE borrowing Northern's 156's when Chiltern took their 170"s. It's not as if the franchise has loads of spare stock.
(04/01/2018 10:31)St Helens Rider Wrote:  It seems to me that over the years, if any operator has had a stock shortage, it's always a case of let's take them from Northern. We've had the situation with the 158"s as recently mentioned as well as TPE borrowing Northern's 156's when Chiltern took their 170"s. It's not as if the franchise has loads of spare stock.

In the case of the 156s and TPE the excuse was Northern was getting additional 319s. However, the 319s, 350/4s and electrification were supposed to add additional capacity to the north of England, replacing a previous plan to order 120 new diesel vehicles for Northern and 40 new diesel vehicles for TPE. It should also be noted the new diesel vehicles would have had 23m carriages, while both the 319s and 350s have 20m carriages.
(04/01/2018 09:59)knutstransport Wrote:  It's interesting 2 have arrived now as they weren't due until the autumn. The 170s were expected to arrive in the Spring and were expected to be the first Scotrail units to transfer. Although, given many of the 150s are late it certainly isn't a bad thing that Scotrail units have arrived early.
Scotrail are very clever. Sending down the 158s means that they are only losing a two car instead of a three car unit at this stage.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
319442 is now in use, on Liverpool - Wigan today

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Prior to previous reports of it actually being in use. I am now led to believe 150102 is at Doncaster Works receiving a C6 exam (Internal/External Refurb). 150124 is believed to be out of traffic at Newton Heath thus leaving 150122 as the only one of the trio currently in use.

Surprising given the fact the ex West Mids ones ran around as they were for quite a long time back in 2012.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/01/2018 23:12)ant17612 Wrote:  Prior to previous reports of it actually being in use. I am now led to believe 150102 is at Doncaster Works receiving a C6 exam (Internal/External Refurb). 150124 is believed to be out of traffic at Newton Heath thus leaving 150122 as the only one of the trio currently in use.

Surprising given the fact the ex West Mids ones ran around as they were for quite a long time back in 2012.
Yes 150226 was in service for some time with carriages in different liveries!

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(04/01/2018 23:12)ant17612 Wrote:  Prior to previous reports of it actually being in use. I am now led to believe 150102 is at Doncaster Works receiving a C6 exam (Internal/External Refurb). 150124 is believed to be out of traffic at Newton Heath thus leaving 150122 as the only one of the trio currently in use.

Here are 150122 and 142013 leaving Preston for Hazel Grove.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-4RSv3pCLo
(05/01/2018 08:02)childwallblues Wrote:  Yes 150226 was in service for some time with carriages in different liveries!

As did 150210.

SD.
Northern were required to return the subleased 180s as soon as 6 x 150s from LM had arrived, so they needed to have at least 4 going straight in to service in their existing condition.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)