Current time: 06/05/2024, 21:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(21/11/2018 10:03)Brtickmill Wrote:  Notices gone up at RDN advising ALL trains will be 2 car until further notice. This is already causing major problems but does anyone know how long it will go on for? Not a major problem for me as I have a bus service to come to the rescue. Others aren't so lucky.

as you were; notices removed and many trains back to normal yesterday. Short formed this morning but Friday always has been worst day of week. More generally, I've realised some of the critism of ARN & TPE is unwarranted. The REAL reason for year round delays on trains to/thru MAN is much more fundamental
Piccadilly is far too small to cope with the number of trains using it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Seems to be a shortage of Class 319s as well, Yesterday there was a Class 142 on Liverpool - Wigan and today theres a Class 150/2

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/11/2018 13:02)T42 PVM Wrote:  Seems to be a shortage of Class 319s as well, Yesterday there was a Class 142 on Liverpool - Wigan and today theres a Class 150/2

Also a 142 on Wigans today,142070
(23/11/2018 13:11)Gordon V Wrote:  Also a 142 on Wigans today,142070

Thanks Gordon

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(23/11/2018 11:55)Brickmill Wrote:  
as you were; notices removed and many trains back to normal yesterday. Short formed this morning but Friday always has been worst day of week. More generally, I've realised some of the critism of ARN & TPE is unwarranted. The REAL reason for year round delays on trains to/thru MAN is much more fundamental
Piccadilly is far too small to cope with the number of trains using it.

But they are not completely blameless because they both bid for a service that was clearly unworkable without the extra through platforms, and probably even with them.
(23/11/2018 14:16)mikestone Wrote:  But they are not completely blameless because they both bid for a service that was clearly unworkable without the extra through platforms, and probably even with them.

Network Rail said the re-routing of Liverpool to Scarborough services via Victoria and sending North TPE services to the Airport via Victoria would create enough paths for 3tph to Hazel Grove, 2tph to Macclesfield and 2tph to Northwich, consequently they were all December 2017 requirements set by DfT. Yet with only some of those services introduced Network Rail are now backtracking and saying "NO PATHS!"
(23/11/2018 14:16)mikestone Wrote:  But they are not completely blameless because they both bid for a service that was clearly unworkable without the extra through platforms, and probably even with them.
im led to believe the terminating of TPX services at piccadilly going to Manchester Airport doesnt help with one of the through platforms being blocked whilst the train is being emptied of its passengers for turnback.

Clearly someones patience is going to wear very thin at both Northern and Transpennine , not helped by the Manchester Metro Mayor laying into everybody.
(23/11/2018 14:42)knutstransport Wrote:  Network Rail said the re-routing of Liverpool to Scarborough services via Victoria and sending North TPE services to the Airport via Victoria would create enough paths for 3tph to Hazel Grove, 2tph to Macclesfield and 2tph to Northwich, consequently they were all December 2017 requirements set by DfT. Yet with only some of those services introduced Network Rail are now backtracking and saying "NO PATHS!"

Liverpool - Scarborough via Victoria was a no brainer avoiding that trip across the throat of piccadilly which had to be timed so that both trains where booked to try across the throat at the same time.
(23/11/2018 16:57)wirralbus Wrote:  im led to believe the terminating of TPX services at piccadilly going to Manchester Airport doesnt help with one of the through platforms being blocked whilst the train is being emptried of its passengers for turnback.

Clearly someones patience is going to wear very thin at both Northern and Transpennine , not helped by the Manchester Metro Mayor laying into everybody.

Funny how everyone criticising Andy Burnham forgets the Greater bit of Manchester in his title. And his job is to lay into everyone at fault. Back to reality, I ended up on the 1549 to Sheffield this afternoon. Still absolutely rammed single unit with the usual farce of still loading pax at 1551! Nothing has changed in the intervening years.
(23/11/2018 13:02)T42 PVM Wrote:  Seems to be a shortage of Class 319s as well, Yesterday there was a Class 142 on Liverpool - Wigan and today theres a Class 150/2

A 150 was on 0615 Liverpool-Wigan Wednesday morning

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)