Current time: 02/05/2024, 19:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Northern (Arriva Rail North)
RE: Northern (Arriva Rail North)
(23/11/2017 14:12)knutstransport Wrote:  If there's 3 more created are we sure they'll all be /4s? Porterbrook are claiming there could be a large number of 769s produced - if that happened 319s which aren't /4s would have to be converted.

There are currently 27 319/4s off lease. Deducting the additional three on order for Northern as well as the five units being converted for Arriva Trains Wales you're left with nineteen 319/4s available for conversion to bi-mode "Flex" units. There'll also be the West Midlands Trains 319s (including five 319/4s) coming off lease once their new EMUs have entered service

If there's sufficient demand I can definitely see the /0 and /2 subclasses being converted as well - but not until all of the 319/4s have been converted to "Flex" units
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Some trains between Liverpool and Earlestown this afternoon ran via Ince Moss-Bamfurlong due to emergency services at Rainhill - has it happened before?.
(27/11/2017 16:00)mikestone Wrote:  Some trains between Liverpool and Earlestown this afternoon ran via Ince Moss-Bamfurlong due to emergency services at Rainhill - has it happened before?.

Yes it has and it was emergency services at Lea Green
So I see - I was going on the fact that national rail was directing to #Rainhill. I hadn't spotted any diversions before and was quite surprised any Northern crews signed it.
(27/11/2017 18:59)mikestone Wrote:  So I see - I was going on the fact that national rail was directing to #Rainhill. I hadn't spotted any diversions before and was quite surprised any Northern crews signed it.

As a diversionary route they do
According to Railforums the first ex GWR Class 150 (150124) has moved north. It is currently at Crewe for a refresh
Here's a video of 150124 at Stockport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY-VJMxfKSI
There is a schedule for an 11.06 St. Phillips Marsh-Newton Heath today, but it doesn't appear to have left yet.
(03/12/2017 12:06)mikestone Wrote:  There is a schedule for an 11.06 St. Phillips Marsh-Newton Heath today, but it doesn't appear to have left yet.

150102+150122 when it does run
I hope when they do refurbish these 150's that they are similar to how GWR have done with the units they are keeping. When I was down in that area earlier this year, I was very impressed although I fear that Northern will make them similar to the interiors of the 319's. I hope to be proved wrong.

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)