Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Hi, Is there a central point where most of winsfords routes pass, or where would be the best place to see most of the output at work, thanks in advance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/02/2020 09:58)wimdebusse Wrote:  Hi, Is there a central point where most of winsfords routes pass, or where would be the best place to see most of the output at work, thanks in advance

Northwich or Crewe are probably better bets than Winsford itself.
(19/02/2020 10:30)Redmikey Wrote:  Northwich or Crewe are probably better bets than Winsford itself.

Crewe you miss out on the 37A, 29 and the Northwich locals.

Northwich you miss out the 31, 37, 84 and 6.

Winsford is probably the best in my opinion though try and get Crewe in there for the other services which you would otherwise miss.
This is to confirm that from today Arriva Winsford is now managed by Arriva Wales Management team.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
That's stretching the border a little bit! Do you know why?
(01/03/2020 16:13)efanmthomas Wrote:  This is to confirm that from today Arriva Winsford is now managed by Arriva Wales Management team.

It as been under Wales before a few years back
Now the 130 has gone they only meet Arriva Cymru don't they?
(01/03/2020 18:23)mikestone Wrote:  Now the 130 has gone they only meet Arriva Cymru don't they?

I keep forgetting about the Welsh towns of Winsford and Macclesfield haha. Yes the only connection they have now to any other division is Arriva Cymru in Chester.

Could this be a re-organisation of the North West business to aid a sale of the business. Liverpool and Manchester must be a more lucrative for a bidder if rural routes in Cheshire weren’t included??.
Does the word "Winsford" mean precisely that, or does it include the outstation at Macclesfield ? I should have thought that the latter could be better run from Wythenshawe.
Does the word "Winsford" mean precisely that, or does it include the outstation at Macclesfield ? I should have thought that the latter could be better run from Wythenshawe.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)