Current time: 01/05/2024, 06:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(30/07/2017 13:38)CKC 312L Wrote:  I know how an independent operator works having close to 20 years in the bus industry both as a driver and a supervisor and I have also worked for both big group companies as well a small indies not all small companies have a break in service to facilitate a driver break plus a company like Howards could look at using a school driver who just does am/pm schools to cover meal breaks
It would be a shame if an all day service was lost because of managed decline by whoever the operator might be big or small

I was simply pointing out what has happened with a number of routes which are being operated by smaller operators - 87/99, 300, (D&G) 378 are all examples where a replacement driver is not sourced to cover driver breaks.

Of course the issue with using the 'school bus driver' to cover a lunch break is what happens in school holidays. You suggested Howards who do currently operate existing services to both Macclesfield and Wilmslow but that might not be the case from next April.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot - knutstransport - 31/07/2017 08:33

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)