Current time: 06/05/2024, 22:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
3346 Hasen't been in Normal Service in a while now, Thats the main school bus...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
3346 was on service 10 yesterday - photo here
704 mx12kvw was at macclesfield today
Thanks or the update Dave4jackie, I Guess they'll be waiting or the others to get rom Winsord Beore Entering Service?
Dear All,

Actually two further Optare Solo SR's are now at Arriva North West's Gaw End Lane outstation, joining 701 (MX12 KVT) that arrived earlier in the week.

They are; 703 - MX12 KVV and 704 - MX12 KVW

I understand it will be two or three weeks at least until the whole batch are delivered and they will then enter service together.
(19/07/2012 17:19)CX54 DKD Wrote:  It was that batch I was referring to K101 so I happily stand corrected somewhat. However if you note 3119 has an earlier registration than 3109, that was my point.

I have the feeling Arriva are registering everything in chassis number order these days, which could explain the odd orders of registrations and why there are batches of Optares in the middle of the Pulsars. I'm not 100% certain that's why but it looks likely.

A total of 8 new Optare Solo SR's have now arrived at Arriva North West's Gaw End Lane outstation near Macclesfield in readiness for the launch of the 'Silktown Links' network and replacement of ageing DartSLF/Pointer MPD's that have provided the service for several yaers now.

The Solo's on site this morning were;

701 - MX12 KVT
702 - MX12 KVU
703 - MX12 KVV
704 - MX12 KVW
706 - MX12 KVB
707 - MX12 KVC
708 - MX12 KVD
709 - MX12 KVE

Photographs HERE and HERE

All have their 'Silktown Links' branding as displayed on 709

Presumably the missing 705 is helping out down in London for the south eastern regional tiddly-wink championships or something?
Firstly, confirmation that one of the new Optare Solo SR's (705) is indeed helping-out at the Stratford East Snakes & Ladders championships.

Secondly, five of the long serving Dart SLF/Plaxton Pointer MPDs have been taken out of service;

857 (T527 AOB)
867 (X217 JOF)
869 (Y32 KON)
882 (Y42 TDA)
886 (Y46 TDA)

Photo HERE

I understand most if not all had already departed by the end of today.

Anyone any idea where they are going to as a couple have only recently been MOT-ed I understand?
(03/08/2012 22:03)DVL418 Wrote:  Firstly, confirmation that one of the new Optare Solo SR's (705) is indeed helping-out at the Stratford East Snakes & Ladders championships.

Secondly, five of the long serving Dart SLF/Plaxton Pointer MPDs have been taken out of service;

857 (T527 AOB)
867 (X217 JOF)
869 (Y32 KON)
882 (Y42 TDA)
886 (Y46 TDA)

Photo HERE

I understand most if not all had already departed by the end of today.

Anyone any idea where they are going to as a couple have only recently been MOT-ed I understand?

Wexham Depot i think - Replacing older Darts, AAIK 862 & 3 Have already gone
are any off the new solos in service yet or are they all at macclesfield,was thinking of going sometime on sunday is it possible to walk round if they are at macclesfield or will i need binoculars

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)