Current time: 26/04/2024, 17:13 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(02/03/2020 17:24)mikestone Wrote:  I realise that. If Winsford was to become part of Cymru then where would they have to send vehicles instead of Runcorn *if* they wished to keep it in house?

Drivers are saying that some maintenance is now being done at Winsford again & that in future, repairs & MOT work across the company are going to be centralised at a few specific locations instead of being done at the buses home Depot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Former 2609 now with Arriva Midlands has burnt out today, Photos on Arriva North West and Wales Photos and News (Unofficial) Facebook Page.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/03/2020 14:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  Former 2609 now with Arriva Midlands has burnt out today, Photos on Arriva North West and Wales Photos and News (Unofficial) Facebook Page.

I’m wondering if it’s the same fault that caused 2613 to burn out
Old school liveried cadet 2489 is at macc this week on 38 duties.
Speaking to a friend of mine while I was out yesterday and he informed me that from tomorrow when the service reductions take place all Macclesfield services will be operated out of Winsford Depot as Macclesfield outstation is being temporarily closed, this could mean that some odd allocations might turn up on Macclesfield area services from tomorrow including 38s.
(22/03/2020 06:22)M60lad Wrote:  Speaking to a friend of mine while I was out yesterday and he informed me that from tomorrow when the service reductions take place all Macclesfield services will be operated out of Winsford Depot as Macclesfield outstation is being temporarily closed, this could mean that some odd allocations might turn up on Macclesfield area services from tomorrow including 38s.

I wonder if High Peak might try to acquire that. Having vehicles for Cheshire services the wrong side of Cat & Fiddle can create difficulties in bad weather.
(22/03/2020 09:20)knutstransport Wrote:  I wonder if High Peak might try to acquire that. Having vehicles for Cheshire services the wrong side of Cat & Fiddle can create difficulties in bad weather.

Read the message properly it says Macclesfield outstation is being temporarily closed
(22/03/2020 13:51)trixmax2000 Wrote:  Read the message properly it says Macclesfield outstation is being temporarily closed

I read the message properly.

If a facility is sat there not being used it could mean another company approach Arriva to acquire the facility, regardless of whether Arriva may or may not use it again.

Have you ever heard of an operator called Stagecoach? Do you think they'd exist as a nationwide company if they waited for companies and depots to officially be put up for sale before approaching them?
Appears arriva macc & winsford are doing slightly better now. A driver told me that we're now coming under arriva wales.

Winsford I'm told are doing a load better now that the centros have buggered off. Drivers love the old cadets even though some are a bit scruffy they from what drivers have told me are a brilliant drive.

Unfortunately macc have lost a couple of drivers to stagecoach manchester. Bumped into an ex arrva driver today, said he left because stagecoach pay better, better conditions & also he said more job security.

So mixed fortunes it seems.........
Chester depot Sapphire ADL Enviro 400 4638 is on loan to Winsford and she's been working on the 84s.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)