Current time: 26/04/2024, 07:31 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Surely 4410/21/22 should be substituting for the stricken Geminis?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
You'd think so, but I don't recall ever seeing one on the 38.
The enviro 400 deckers usually on seem to work 84s.
Anyone know when arriva are introducing contactless payments & the new ticketer machines?

A driver told me yesterday that they're supposed to have had them since september but nowt happened. Also do we know if it'll be the ticketer machines like first use or the sort that D&G have that print a QR code on a ticket that the machines scan to work out if a ticket is valid?
(05/01/2019 12:21)33109 Wrote:  or the sort that D&G have that print a QR code on a ticket that the machines scan to work out if a ticket is valid?

Is that to work out if the ticket is valid or used for auditing purposes?

For instance a D&G Network Return is supposed to be valid for a return journey between any two points on their network. So say it was Hartford to Wilmslow, as the ticket is scanned on each bus they'll know the majority of the journey was made on a contracted service and only a small part was made on a commercial service.

When I bought a day ticket on the Warrington's Own Buses app in December the driver looked at it said it was OK and didn't appear to press any button on his machine, so how do they decide how much revenue comes from contracted routes and how much comes from subsided routes, other than coming up with estimates?
The D&G network return is a day ticket valid across the network and not just between 2 points. The code scanned by the machine proves the ticket is valid but also logs that person as having travelled on that journey.

(05/01/2019 12:41)knutstransport Wrote:  Is that to work out if the ticket is valid or used for auditing purposes?

For instance a D&G Network Return is supposed to be valid for a return journey between any two points on their network. So say it was Hartford to Wilmslow, as the ticket is scanned on each bus they'll know the majority of the journey was made on a contracted service and only a small part was made on a commercial service.

Works for me
I'm led to beleive they will be introduced in or around may/June depending on wether ticketer can get the units made that arriva require.
They are suppose to be the ones with the QR code reader on too.
(05/01/2019 16:17)Rick Hunter Wrote:  The D&G network return is a day ticket valid across the network and not just between 2 points. The code scanned by the machine proves the ticket is valid but also logs that person as having travelled on that journey.

Some drivers call them day tickets, a couple insist they are returns if you ask for a day ticket. Their website says they are a return between any two points on the network. However, it doesn't say you have to travel via the shortest route or that you can't break your journey.
(05/01/2019 17:24)motormayhem1 Wrote:  I'm led to beleive they will be introduced in or around may/June depending on wether ticketer can get the units made that arriva require.
They are suppose to be the ones with the QR code reader on too.

Cheers for the information, looking forward to arriva finally having some decent ticket machines at last. The wayfarer 400s recently have given a lot of headaches, main issue is they have a bad habit of freezing up which means the machine has to be pulled off its power mount & reset which takes about 5 minutes!!!

The ticketer machines are nice though, D&G & first both love em. Their a weird sight at first with having the QR scanner up on that tall neck, seem to work brilliantly though.
The ticketers do work brilliantly but like the wayfarer 400 do take an age to boot up again after a power loss. The contactless is slightly slower than in a shop but only by about 1 or 2 seconds.

(05/01/2019 17:55)33109 Wrote:  Cheers for the information, looking forward to arriva finally having some decent ticket machines at last. The wayfarer 400s recently have given a lot of headaches, main issue is they have a bad habit of freezing up which means the machine has to be pulled off its power mount & reset which takes about 5 minutes!!!

The ticketer machines are nice though, D&G & first both love em. Their a weird sight at first with having the QR scanner up on that tall neck, seem to work brilliantly though.

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)