Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Just looking at a map and Google's journey time suggestions what about the following either under one operator or with multi-operator tickets available

Hourly Wilmslow to East Didsbury/Manchester
Hourly Handforth to Macclesfield via Nether Alderley stopper
Hourly Altrincham to Macclesfield via Knutsford with alternate services routed directly via A537
Hourly Knutsford to Macclesfield via Wilmslow and Prestbury and Macclesfield Hospital limited stop express service, except between Prestbury and Macclesfield where it's all stops

Replacing existing 130, 88 and 19 services and interworking timetables to give roughly half-hourly Handforth to Wilmslow, Wilmslow to Macclesfield, Knutsford to Wilmslow, Knutsford to Macclesfield and Broken Cross to Macclesfield, with 4 buses per hour between Macclesfield Hospital and Macclesfield and an hourly service from Macclesfield to Nether Alderley, Alderley Edge, Chelford and Prestbury.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/08/2018 10:22)33109 Wrote:  Exactly, well said that man! Arriva haven't been bothered for a long while now, sky high fares & certain drivers who can be downright rude & right grouchy buggers doesn't at all help.

What cheshire east could really do with is a system 1 set-up where passengers could buy an anybus day or weekly ticket, that'd surely have some appeal for people?

Its worth remembering that the more expensive and hopefully more reliable Arriva Click is coming to Liverpool. If its a success there it could spread to Greater Manchester and Cheshire. Potentially it could be a replacement for the 130 but thats the long term which may not happen.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(12/08/2018 11:07)knutstransport Wrote:  Just looking at a map and Google's journey time suggestions what about the following either under one operator or with multi-operator tickets available

Hourly Wilmslow to East Didsbury/Manchester
Hourly Handforth to Macclesfield via Nether Alderley stopper
Hourly Altrincham to Macclesfield via Knutsford with alternate services routed directly via A537
Hourly Knutsford to Macclesfield via Wilmslow and Prestbury and Macclesfield Hospital limited stop express service, except between Prestbury and Macclesfield where it's all stops

Replacing existing 130, 88 and 19 services and interworking timetables to give roughly half-hourly Handforth to Wilmslow, Wilmslow to Macclesfield, Knutsford to Wilmslow, Knutsford to Macclesfield and Broken Cross to Macclesfield, with 4 buses per hour between Macclesfield Hospital and Macclesfield and an hourly service from Macclesfield to Nether Alderley, Alderley Edge, Chelford and Prestbury.

On looking at the 19 timetable that wouldn't work as the 19 is all round the houses, so it would have to be an express service alongside the 19 not replacing it.
Winsford Depot is due to gain the 82 from Chester due to it being more cost efficient. Something to do with the gaps in the service around 2pm. Northwich canteen can be used for breaks but Chesters union agreement is all breaks must be taken in the depot. It is also slightly cheaper on shunt cars.
(19/08/2018 15:12)iMarkeh Wrote:  Winsford Depot is due to gain the 82 from Chester due to it being more cost efficient. Something to do with the gaps in the service around 2pm. Northwich canteen can be used for breaks but Chesters union agreement is all breaks must be taken in the depot. It is also slightly cheaper on shunt cars.

Do Winsford have enough vehicles to cope with the extra PVR
(19/08/2018 20:49)darylyates17 Wrote:  Do Winsford have enough vehicles to cope with the extra PVR
A whole 2? Buses may move from Chester to cover it. I don't know. I have been very reliably informed though that it is moving. Deckers or pulsars can be used so I can't see them being that hard to find.
Remember if there is a Bus Shortage due to this move there are a number of Cadets in the Pool fleet that can be used to cover

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(19/08/2018 21:12)T42 PVM Wrote:  Remember if there is a Bus Shortage due to this move there are a number of Cadets in the Pool fleet that can be used to cover
The more likely would be 2 cadets move to Chester and 2 pulsars move to Winsford. Cadets are a bit too small for the 82 especially the college runs. Cadets at Chester make more sense as they can run on anything. The pulsars can't run everything at Chester.
(19/08/2018 21:19)iMarkeh Wrote:  The more likely would be 2 cadets move to Chester and 2 pulsars move to Winsford. Cadets are a bit too small for the 82 especially the college runs. Cadets at Chester make more sense as they can run on anything. The pulsars can't run everything at Chester.

The Cadets would not have to be used on the 82 but can be used on less busy routes to free up bigger Buses but thats only if this is required.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(19/08/2018 21:21)T42 PVM Wrote:  The Cadets would not have to be used on the 82 but can be used on less busy routes to free up bigger Buses but thats only if this is required.
Ahh, I do apologize. I misunderstood what you meant.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)