Current time: 26/04/2024, 17:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North Wstatres est - Winsford Depot
(12/08/2017 20:17)Dentonian Wrote:  If the running times are consistent insufficient, then it should be reported to the Traffic Commissioner.

I only it was that easy. The TC will always be reluctant to sanction the big groups in a way that would effect change. That requirement for that sort of (high profile) action just highlights government policy failure, and their own for failure to monitor operators and deal with them effectively, and that just isn't on.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Arriva North Wstatres est - Winsford Depot
(13/08/2017 08:54)dca529x Wrote:  I only it was that easy. The TC will always be reluctant to sanction the big groups in a way that would effect change. That requirement for that sort of (high profile) action just highlights government policy failure, and their own for failure to monitor operators and deal with them effectively, and that just isn't on.

The North West TC did take action against Arriva for not running buses in to a bus station when the registration showed buses terminating at the bus station.

However, there's been too many instances of services not running ignored by the TC. For example, after High Peak had a cancellation request accepted for the 300 service they didn't always bother to send a bus to run that service during the period between having the cancellation accepted and the date the cancellation applied from. Guess what action the TC took? She made them change their operating licence from T/A Bowers Coaches to T/A High Peak due to it being difficult for her to find which operator the complaints related to but didn't take any further action.

If she had acted on complaints about GHA Coaches and stripped them of routes where their buses were frequent no-shows e.g. 200, P1, 16, 45/46, 84 then there wouldn't have been such a big mess to sort out when they went in to administration.
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
4422 was on the 84 this afternoon -unfortunately on the one day that I walked back from town down Mill St instead of Edleston Road, so only got a distant view.
Former Arriva Sapphire branded K200ABW is now in the new standard Arriva Livery
(23/08/2017 16:10)Nwales Bus Wrote:  Former Arriva Sapphire branded K200ABW is now in the new standard Arriva Livery

If its not going back to Wales surely the number plate should be swapped back and put on something in Wales seems odd as Winsford is ANW not ABW
Any manager wasting his time and the companies money on re-registrations, or select marks, ought to be looking for a new job pdq.
(23/08/2017 17:28)darylyates17 Wrote:  If its not going back to Wales surely the number plate should be swapped back and put on something in Wales seems odd as Winsford is ANW not ABW

As far as I'm aware they aren't being changed
(23/08/2017 18:36)mikestone Wrote:  Any manager wasting his time and the companies money on re-registrations, or select marks, ought to be looking for a new job pdq.

My thoughts exactly.
(23/08/2017 18:48)Dentonian Wrote:  And mine - but by the same token, they shouldn't have been re-registered in the first place. Ultimately, such vanity is paid for by the adult passenger.

They only received these plates to hide their age, when the Sapphire service launched in 2013
4422 looks to still have Sapphire interior.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)