Current time: 26/04/2024, 07:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot

Credit to Martin 'Plug' Anderson on facebook

Here is 4701 on short 84s today
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Do we think that could end up being a more regular thing for them?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/35354173720/
Credit Jonathan890 on flikr here is another photo of the sprinter
(05/07/2017 21:07)E208 WBG Wrote:  https://www.flickr.com/photos/jongraham890/35354173720/
Credit Jonathan890 on flikr here is another photo of the sprinter

That is a dreadful allocation
I wonder how long will it be before one ends up on some of the longer routes Winsford/Macclesfield have, for example, the long 84's or the 130. Given that allocation today - it probably won't be too long.
It was more than likely to replace breakdown, given that they are only just being prepared for service, they probably had one that was lying around, any bus is better than no bus. From what Ive been told, it won't be unusual to see them used on 6s in Crewe.
Update on deckers here, 4211 has returned to Birkenhead, credit to a friend over there. 4207 is likely to follow suit soon, leaving 4200, 4216 and 4181 as loan deckers here, how much longer they are here I dont know. 4410 and 4421 are in service here, 4422 will enter service following a refurb and new engine at St Helens. No news on any departures following the arrival of the minibuses, likelihood is it is going to be at least next week before any of the permanant fleet leave. 2473 is also still hanging on.

4489 isnt a transfer, more than likely to do with engineering purposes as 4490 has also been here recently as well/in place of 4489.
I would have though the 6 the last choice given that it competes with proper buses on D&G'S 12.
This morning in Nantwich there was an Enviro400 Sapphire on the 1007 84 long to Crewe and 4700 then followed on the 4700 short 1022 to Crewe. I only saw the dd in the distance so cannot identify it. The Merc was showing minor damage at the entrance where it clearly is lower than bus stops and as a result it has scraped along the raised concrete, Have to say the Merc looked good in the sunshine - the new livery is growing on me. I was amused by the strapline on each side of the bus at the rear which states something like ' I'm you normal bus, just a bit smaller" Can't remember it verbatim.
(06/07/2017 16:22)BHA Wrote:  This morning in Nantwich there was an Enviro400 Sapphire on the 1007 84 long to Crewe and 4700 then followed on the 4700 short 1022 to Crewe. I only saw the dd in the distance so cannot identify it. The Merc was showing minor damage at the entrance where it clearly is lower than bus stops and as a result it has scraped along the raised concrete, Have to say the Merc looked good in the sunshine - the new livery is growing on me. I was amused by the strapline on each side of the bus at the rear which states something like ' I'm you normal bus, just a bit smaller" Can't remember it verbatim.

The photo in the Arriva article posted on the previous page shows it

"Get on board
It's your usual bus only smaller"
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/globalassets...g_0083.jpg
The London registrations seem strange. I'd have thought Birmingham {Mercedes Benz) or Manchester (Mellor) ones would have been issued.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)