Current time: 07/05/2024, 01:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Any news on the forthcoming minibus services? They were supposed to be arriving in June.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(29/06/2017 19:23)Redmikey Wrote:  Any news on the forthcoming minibus services? They were supposed to be arriving in June.

There's a post on the Yahoo Northwest & Wales group by crosvilleman stating that 4 Strata Minibuses have arrived. Strange fleetnumbers though, starting at 4700
(29/06/2017 20:07)N531 DWM Wrote:  There's a post on the Yahoo Northwest & Wales group by crosvilleman stating that 4 Strata Minibuses have arrived. Strange fleetnumbers though, starting at 4700

Bizarre choice of fleetnumbers. 4xxx has always been for low floor double deckers
(29/06/2017 22:01)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Bizarre choice of fleetnumbers. 4xxx has always been for low floor double deckers

Indeed, surely they'd be better in the 5**/6** Series even the 3** series to compliment to old Mercs.... Hammer

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(29/06/2017 22:01)Y474 KNF Wrote:  Bizarre choice of fleetnumbers. 4xxx has always been for low floor double deckers

Same with wrexham deckers being 1000 series surly makes more sence 47** being wrexham deckers and 1*** being the breadvans
(30/06/2017 02:11)E208 WBG Wrote:  Same with wrexham deckers being 1000 series surly makes more sence 47** being wrexham deckers and 1*** being the breadvans

To be honest we're not very organised when it comes to numbers, like it be nice to have some organisation we used to now vehicles just get any number to be honest, although i've always said it be so much easier if Arriva went to National numbers instead of divisional Smile

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
They aren't going to go down well, word i've heard off a few drivers I know based at macc is that they don't want them! Too small at only 22 seats it'll be fun trying to squeeze people on even on the macc town routes.

Supposedly there's a big launch day happening soon (heard this on local radio silk fm) so will probs be outside the town hall.
(30/06/2017 08:19)33109 Wrote:  They aren't going to go down well, word i've heard off a few drivers I know based at macc is that they don't want them! Too small at only 22 seats it'll be fun trying to squeeze people on even on the macc town routes.

Supposedly there's a big launch day happening soon (heard this on local radio silk fm) so will probs be outside the town hall.

I don't live in the area but I can't see these minibuses being a great success. For those of us with long memories, we saw large-scale minibus operations in the late 80s and it ultimately failed. Yes, they might be more manoeuverable and cheaper to run but that will be no consolation if you are the 23rd person standing in the rain at a bus stop.
(29/06/2017 20:28)Dentonian Wrote:  Strange registrations as well; they have London registrations despite being built in Rochdale - right next door to where Arriva's predecessor had a depot, and will operate in north east Cheshire. Surley both come nder the Manchester office, so why not MX17 xxx regns?

At a guess, because they're registered by the Mercedes-Benz dealer/importer. I've noticed that most Mercedes taxis also tend to be London-registered.

I presume the chassis are built in Germany?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is there any pictures of these woeful machines knocking about?

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)