Current time: 04/05/2024, 20:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
Bar what you've mentioned above, nope don't think winsford have anything extra atm. Week or so back 2611 was working the 82.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Guessing this last week or 2 macc have either got solos off the road or on loan somewhere?

We've got cadet 2499 & commander 2623 here ATM.
I understand from obs reported in various places and from the Crosville Enthusiast Club Review that ARRIVA Cymru, Chester depot have the whole 82 route where Winsford have covered one vehicle diagram for some time with on hire to ARRIVA Cymru notices in place. There have been reports of late of two Chester depot vehicles operating the service, anyone know the long term plan here?
X14BLU was on the 84 today - can't recall ever seeing a Dart on it before
(01/09/2016 13:44)Depotosw Wrote:  I understand from obs reported in various places and from the Crosville Enthusiast Club Review that ARRIVA Cymru, Chester depot have the whole 82 route where Winsford have covered one vehicle diagram for some time with on hire to ARRIVA Cymru notices in place. There have been reports of late of two Chester depot vehicles operating the service, anyone know the long term plan here?

Have to say, I hope it includes some extra resource as they were running about half an hour late today when I was there -- they don't seem to be able to stick to the timetable.
Mikestone - darts have worked the 84s in previous years.
Not sure if it's a loan or a permanent move, but cadet 2499 has moved over to wythenshawe just lately. It was with us in macc, but noted on friday at altrincham interchange. So now that's:

2503 (with refreshed interior)

That are now with wythenshawe, bit of a shame to see 4215/4216 seemingly constantly stuck on the 29s. They really need a bit of a leg stretch & putting on the 84 into chester every now & again. Speaking of chester, it appears from what i've seen thus far that the new bus station is coming along at quite a pace. Bit of a mare though with all the stops on the top end of foregate st all closed now means quite a loop round the back for buses to get to their stops which is quite a squeeze!
2503 is at Bolton now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
God they are moving about a fair bit then!

Plus commanders have all appeared on the 88 over the past 2-3 weeks or so. Also anyone know were the new contracts awarded yet for the ex GHA services? Thought it was this month or similar when we should be finding out.
(10/09/2016 11:08)33109 Wrote:  Plus commanders have all appeared on the 88 over the past 2-3 weeks or so. Also anyone know were the new contracts awarded yet for the ex GHA services? Thought it was this month or similar when we should be finding out.

They were supposed to be announced 8.5 weeks before the start date (24th October.) However, it's rumoured TSS (Cheshire East's Transport Body) underestimated the amount of work involved in awarding the contracts meaning they'll be Short Notice registrations opposed to standard 8 weeks notice registrations.

In fairness TSS did also have to deal with Routemaster Buses saying they could no longer run any services (having previously said they can't keep the Crewe routes going) meaning TSS had to do emergency contracts for Routemaster replacements as well.

Apparently the Cheshire West emergency contracts for ex-GHA routes end in November, so they've got a bit longer to run.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)