Current time: 26/04/2024, 13:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
From the 11th the 84 will be re-routed to start and finish at Chester Railway Station, At this rate theres going to be no point building a Bus Station in Chester...

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
From 2nd Jan the 8 (Crewe Circular) will be Withdrawn... Think that leaves just 1 Town Service in Crewe now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(07/10/2015 10:17)T42 PVM Wrote:  From the 11th the 84 will be re-routed to start and finish at Chester Railway Station, At this rate theres going to be no point building a Bus Station in Chester...

I reckon that service change will benefit both the bus and train company. Will the bus stops around the rail station be able to cope.
Find all posts by this user
Doubt that VERY much, its already packed enough around chester train station with all the traffic like people dropping off plus deliveries & the taxis all competing for space.
I disagree: the stands just opposite Chester Railway Station don't seem to be very busy to me and certainly seem to be quieter than your average stand at a bus station.
(09/11/2015 20:04)Valandil Wrote:  I disagree: the stands just opposite Chester Railway Station don't seem to be very busy to me and certainly seem to be quieter than your average stand at a bus station.
Totally agree.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
I have to agree as well. Whenever I've been at Chester railway station there's never been more than two buses (which are either very lightly loaded or empty) outside
Changes to 84 service from 27th December 2015. Chester service is to go hourly with 3 shorts running to provide 15 minute headway between Crewe and Nantwich. This is due to the apparent need to cut costs on the service to turn a profit. The management have determined that the main source of revenue is between Crewe and Nantwich. Three DAF DB300 Geminis are to be provided for the service which I believe are coming from Speke and three Pulsars for the shorts. These buses are to be put through polish and promote before arrival.
D&G Have also registered a Nantwich short 84 running in the offpeak Mon to Fridays so I think the corridor might be slightly over bussed. This takes effect from 30th Nov 2015.
Also the Crewe local number 8 is being de registered. Apparently D&G have registered the service along with Routemaster Buses, so another case of over bussing on a route that Arriva can't make profitable.
On a different subject, Macclesfield are having to operate the 38 Crewe - Macclesfield Sapphire with only two out of three Geminis due to 4490 being sent away for engine repairs. Centro 2612 is presently on loan from Winsford to substitute.
Would it not be cheaper for Chester depot to work the "long" 84s, avoiding some of the dead mileage between Winsford & Crewe ??
(17/11/2015 23:45)Bevan Price Wrote:  Would it not be cheaper for Chester depot to work the "long" 84s, avoiding some of the dead mileage between Winsford & Crewe ??

It has not yet been suggested but I would not be surprised to see that happen or even another operator to step in.
I think the closure of Crewe back in 2006 was a massive mistake.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)