Current time: 03/05/2024, 23:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
RE: New Buses for Arriva North West and Wales
3124 and 3128 are also at LS
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
With 3115-3122 not having been given an allocation yet, I do wonder whether they'll be used, alongside displaced vehicles, to oust remaining R, S and T vehicles, across multiple depots, which are all due to have left the fleet by the time the year is out (with the exception of deckers).

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Personally, I'd say they should go to Speke, and replace Myllenniums to go to Green Lane possibly alongside the Birkenhead examples. That in turn will displace a shed load of Darts, probably T reg Marshalls. Just an idea though.
Regarding Deckers, any idea whats going to start replacing DLAs and Olympians over the next year or two? More London cascades perhaps? Going to be an interesting few months, especially considering Millenium fleet Palatines are due off pretty soon.

RIP 96 - YNWA
I seen a couple of photos somewhere of some tridents that were getting converted to single door and the photo said it was an ANW bus, if the person that took the photo is correct it may be tridents that replace the DLA's, if not it wouldnt surprise me if it was more VLW gemini's. Come to think of it, the trident may have been at bus & coach world
It is going to be a very interesting few months indeed, but I do think Speke should take a small share of these new Pulsars to replace a few of the Birkenhead Mylleniums and send them to Green Lane with the T reg DAFs, and the Cadets. Anything would be welcome Dart replacements! MPTE, have you possibly got a link to the photo as it'd be interesting to see what buses they are. I've heard that a large batch of VLWs are supposed to be making their way up soon (the next batch after the ones converted for Midlands) but we shall see!

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(23/09/2012 09:11)V671 DVU Wrote:  It is going to be a very interesting few months indeed, but I do think Speke should take a small share of these new Pulsars to replace a few of the Birkenhead Mylleniums and send them to Green Lane with the T reg DAFs, and the Cadets. Anything would be welcome Dart replacements! MPTE, have you possibly got a link to the photo as it'd be interesting to see what buses they are. I've heard that a large batch of VLWs are supposed to be making their way up soon (the next batch after the ones converted for Midlands) but we shall see!

Sorry mate, I havent got the link as cant quite remember where I saw it, it might even have been off somebody elses link somewhere on the forum.
There is someone who goes Blackburn frequestly on flikr and there are some Southern Counties DAF DB250's just arrived for convertion etc could these be heading here with the Duel .Door London Arriva Dartd that are at Bus & Coach World
(22/09/2012 18:15)CX54 DKD Wrote:  With 3115-3122 not having been given an allocation yet, I do wonder whether they'll be used, alongside displaced vehicles, to oust remaining R, S and T vehicles, across multiple depots, which are all due to have left the fleet by the time the year is out (with the exception of deckers).

One of Bootle's drivers told me the depot are due 16 'new' Euro-spec Pulsars.
This conveniently covers the 3107-3122 allocation.

Barring any last minute changes, the 3115-3122 series will probably end-up at Bootle.
I can echo the above, Mathias. Intended to provide the QBP route 53/53A with fully compliant buses.

3101(i) | 3305 | 3616 | 4012 | 4159 | 4100 | 4102 | 4118 | 4127 | 4475
313044 | 313064 | 313220 | 314206 | 314210 | 315809 | 315839 | 315857 | 507001 | 507002 | 507006 | 507008 | 507009 | 508114 | 508138 | 508208
Ah right, thanks for that.
I just hope the drivers put their handbrake on before opening the doorsWink

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)