Current time: 02/05/2024, 18:38 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseytravel - Sefton Bus Review
RE: Merseytravel - Sefton Bus Review
I wonder if some of them contracts will change operator as if Avon keep the 135 it will require at least another Bus

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I'm actually really surprised by the 30/30A operating between Liverpool - Dingle only. A large section of the route is a short walk from the 82 services, and a short walk downhill to the 82A, those unable to walk such a distance would be able to take the 202/204 to Park Road eves/sunday.
Find all posts by this user
(16/01/2017 18:21)L544 Wrote:  Farewell the 103. This must be one of the longest standing Merseytravel services which has been unaltered since its inception at deregulation.
Still no late evening services Thornton Liverpool
Route 54 does not appear on the map and 56 will now run via Vauxhall Road. Is the 54 going, but not mentioned as its commercial.

I would be very surprised if the 54 was withdrawn as currently it operates a regular service daily till 19.00 and is very busy for most of the time. According to Merseytravel, unless a service has been identified as changing it will continue to operate as normal.

Regarding the loss of the 30/30A, I too am surprised that it is being curtailed as it is the only service connecting the County/Walton Road area with the isolated Vauxhall Road area which are both within the Liverpool boundary rather than Sefton (prior to deregulation, route 20 provided this link) and whenever I use the 30/30A, a lot of passengers use it for travelling between these two areas.
(16/01/2017 20:56)Barney Wrote:  I would be very surprised if the 54 was withdrawn as currently it operates a regular service daily till 19.00 and is very busy for most of the time. According to Merseytravel, unless a service has been identified as changing it will continue to operate as normal.

Regarding the loss of the 30/30A, I too am surprised that it is being curtailed as it is the only service connecting the County/Walton Road area with the isolated Vauxhall Road area which are both within the Liverpool boundary rather than Sefton (prior to deregulation, route 20 provided this link) and whenever I use the 30/30A, a lot of passengers use it for travelling between these two areas.

Some new timetables are now on line and they don't bear much resemblance to the initial press release. The peak hour 103 is being retained and the (M-S)135 daytime service is to operate between Netherton (Magdalene Square) and Dingle on a 30-minute frequency. I'm sure that the 135/235 will in essence resort to its original route when it was introduced in October 1986.
Seems there is an addition 103 trip from Waterloo - Liverpool operated by Avon as well, With the 135 being extended to The Dingle am very surprised that this service is being kept (it was down for the chop)

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
At least 300/310 are being retimed for better co-ordination through Maghull, as at the moment you have a 300 & 310 timed together then a 30 minute wait for the next 300/310 which is barmy, & yes i know they're separate routes but, both routes are operated by Arriva, & they have a common route between Maghull-Walton & at Queen Square.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)