Current time: 03/05/2024, 03:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
(10/07/2018 15:46)DLG817 Wrote:  For those interested I have written a 'news' item on my website offering my review of the first days of operation of easyCoach in Wrexham - LINK -

(10/07/2018 20:04)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Yeah but the TL already existed before the Commercial Service's this is what im saying i dont see why Valentines were not helped out granted an extra Solo not even brand new could of been stock to run the TL1/2 separately on a better time basis as the TL1/2 Timetable granted its disgraceful like how WCBC ruined the 146.
I have to agree that the current TL is a mess. Regardless of it's past, it shouldn't be running Bakers Lane or Stockwell Grove as there is a commercial alternative. If the TL was ran commercially, it could serve all these areas but it seems WBC are being very dodgy. They didn't even put EasyCoach on the bus and coach database originally and up until yesterday the entries were all messed up.

The 146 is laughable. For the sake of 1 extra bus, you could have a uniform timetable. WBC seem to forget that companies can use more than one driver on a route. They seem to want everything to be 1 bus, 1 driver. I think another issue for the 146 is WBC wanted to entice operators by making a gap for school work. Either that or D Jones/Pats specified the gap to reduce the tender price. It is really messy though. Look at all the routes which were bus routes. The 17 and 33 which used to be ran by buses and it is now a taxi route.

(10/07/2018 15:46)DLG817 Wrote:  For those interested I have written a 'news' item on my website offering my review of the first days of operation of easyCoach in Wrexham - LINK -
In my opinion, the best way for Easybus to solve/ease their issues would be to introduce one more bus to do a few trips on the 44 and 2 then regardless of how late the 44 or 2 are, the meal relief will start ontime. With the 2 it would enable a standard hourly timetable. and then if a driver is late coming in, he can still go out on time (as they would end up with an hour scheduled break but they can be upto 30 minutes late before they affect their next trip. All you have to do is 2 trips on the 44, round trip on the 2, 2 trips on the 44. That then means the 44 can run all day without a break (and it would increase punctuality) and the benefits to the 2 are listed above. It puts one more person in employment. All they need is a bus.

I am surprised Easybus still have a Shrewsbury depot. I would keep the minibuses at Wrexham and just work out where the demand is for the airport runs and start some trips in Wrexham and some trips in Oswestry etc. Ease dead millage but the cost of having 2 depots must be very high. Especially given that all that runs from Shrewsbury is the 101 (which though it's a contract, you wouldn't have a depot for this one vehicle. You would find an outstation) and the minibuses (Which in my opinion, probably aren't viable for the first and last trip and the reason they start in Shrewsbury is due to dead millage).
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus - iMarkeh - 10/07/2018 22:05

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)