Current time: 02/05/2024, 16:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
(03/07/2018 07:26)Depotosw Wrote:  No different to the timing points for every single stop if you drill down the online Arriva timetables so not the case, optimistic end to end journey time I think you will find the issue is.

Arriva has 8 timing points with most being around 10 minutes apart. Easybus has 12 timing points with most being around 6-7 minutes apart. With some timing points being 0-2 minutes apart. That is one big issue.

Normally, you can shave 5-10 minutes of every Arriva timetable so they have either taken it for granted that is what they can do or they have done a trial run but not taken into account different people drive differently.

One of the best thing I have just noticed on closer inspection. They have cut so much time off the routes that they are running 2 minutes behind the 2C from Ruabon. Their 2Ds are timed 5 minutes behind the 2 as well from Ruabon.

So, their lack of passengers is due to a lack of timetable skills and their punctuality is due to them not having enough time. What they need is some routes with odd timings to enable interworking. Instead they have gone for hour or half hour round trips so every bus is straight in, straight out which will not help reliability. It's a shame they aren't doing well. I'm all for supporting independants but it would seem the majority have no knowledge of scheduling at all.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus - iMarkeh - 03/07/2018 20:02

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)