Current time: 26/04/2024, 08:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
RE: Express Airport Transfers (Europe) Ltd and The Skiers Lodge Ltd t/a Easybus
(07/07/2018 12:35)mikestone Wrote:  There were buses parked up on layover at Wrexham at 13.22 on Tuesday
MX07JOJ
YJ56WVV
MX07JOU
were all on layover at Wrexham.
Also seen were
YJ56WUE
MX05ELC
YJ56WUD

Spent an hour in Wrexham on Saturday morning. A few of those above were running, and I also noted MX05EKZ and HN16VEA.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/07/2018 16:21)iMarkeh Wrote:  That is all due to trip numbers. Plus, it depends on the number of buses on the route. The 44 (which LJ51 DDA is referring to) is a one bus route which runs round all day. 28 mins round trip, 30 min frequency. If a bus got delays of anything near 25 minutes, you would drop the trip and carry on on time. Even if it became 30 minutes late, you couldn't say it was 30 minutes late as it would literally be running on the next bus time. Even asking a driver, they would say they dropped a trip and are running on time or a few minutes late.

Well I would hope an operator wouldn't drop a second to last trip due to a bus being 30 minutes late if that meant the bus would be so full for the last trip that some people wouldn't be able to board.
Council cant change the 44's timetable as its commercially operate by EasyCoach the council tendered route is the TL2 which was the 44s replacement after GHA

A mistake on my part is it was heading to Wrexham @Snowdon Drive at 17:25 where it was due back to Barkers lane at 17:28 @Snowdon Drive then the last one Wrexham Bound @Snowdown Drive is 17:40 there is no possible way a bus can get to Wrexham back to Barkers Lane and then back to Snowdown Drive in 15 minutes, not a chance and not to add it was heading to Barkers lane at 17:18 where it was due at 16:58 so its still a continuous loop of 20 minutes delay.

M.R.P Photography on Flickr | M.R.P_Videography on YouTube
(09/07/2018 00:08)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Council cant change the 44's timetable as its commercially operate by EasyCoach the council tendered route is the TL2 which was the 44s replacement after GHA

A mistake on my part is it was heading to Wrexham @Snowdon Drive at 17:25 where it was due back to Barkers lane at 17:28 @Snowdon Drive then the last one Wrexham Bound @Snowdown Drive is 17:40 there is no possible way a bus can get to Wrexham back to Barkers Lane and then back to Snowdown Drive in 15 minutes, not a chance and not to add it was heading to Barkers lane at 17:18 where it was due at 16:58 so its still a continuous loop of 20 minutes delay.

Really, the TL2 should be changed back to how it was pre D Jones as the 42 and 44 parts of the route which it expanded to are now covered commercially.

A 20 minute delay can easily be fixed. They shouldn't be running it that late. Make the driver wait 10 mins and run on time again. I am surprised they are struggling so much given the same timetable and running time has been in place for at least 2 previous operators.
(07/07/2018 12:35)mikestone Wrote:  There were buses parked up on layover at Wrexham at 13.22 on Tuesday
MX07JOJ
YJ56WVV
MX07JOU
were all on layover at Wrexham.
Also seen were
YJ56WUE
MX05ELC
YJ56WUD

As a matter of interest Tempo wise, the regular ones seen to date on the 2/2D are: MX05 ELC/EKZ, YJ56 WUD/E/WVV. I did notice two white Solos on passing the yard of late, one looked like it was been done up, sadly didn't stop to check any IDs.

Shrewsbury wise, I happened to see the 101 from a distance on Friday evening returning to the Shrewsbury depot, this was a Tempo in fleet livery so likely one of YJ56 WVS or WVU.
(09/07/2018 05:53)iMarkeh Wrote:  Really, the TL2 should be changed back to how it was pre D Jones as the 42 and 44 parts of the route which it expanded to are now covered commercially.

A 20 minute delay can easily be fixed. They shouldn't be running it that late. Make the driver wait 10 mins and run on time again. I am surprised they are struggling so much given the same timetable and running time has been in place for at least 2 previous operators.

Agree with that although i've never understood why they did not fund a second vehicle for them though as they do also cover part of the old TL as well which was operated by Pats Coaches and GHAs short lived Shoppa Hoppa 101.

I agree with that also i used to be good mates with the guy who drove the 44 under GHA and he was always ontime its not even a hard or busy run like i mentioned a while back id be surprised if it reached a PAX of 100 a day to be honest.

(09/07/2018 08:36)LJ51 DDA Wrote:  Agree with that although i've never understood why they did not fund a second vehicle for them though as they do also cover part of the old TL as well which was operated by Pats Coaches and GHAs short lived Shoppa Hoppa 101.

I agree with that also i used to be good mates with the guy who drove the 44 under GHA and he was always ontime its not even a hard or busy run like i mentioned a while back id be surprised if it reached a PAX of 100 a day to be honest.

It's the law I think. You can't subsidise a service where a commercial one already operates. As the TL goes to all the same places as the 42 and 44, it should be reverted to its original route prior to D Jones collapse.

I would love to know how Easybus are getting is so badly wrong. If GHA and D Jones can do it, Why can't Easybus. I had a lot of hope for them but if they are playing silly beggers, they won't get anywhere. Timing buses behind Arriva, the 42 runs on the same times as Arriva (despite missing a massive opportunity for a bus between 5 and 6 from the industrial estate) and they can't keep ontime on an easy route.

If they can't run things now, imagine the state they will be in if/when Arriva increase the pressure (reducing fares, running late to pick up the competitors passengers are common Arriva tactics). Considering how well the minibuses run, how can this be so different. I am baffled. You can tell they don't know what they are doing in the bus side. Minibuses there is help available from those who run the minibuses in London.
I came across MX05 ELC just after 18:30 yesterday on the A5 Oswestry bypass with '64 Glyn Ceiriog' set in the destination, it was heading toward Shrewsbury. The timing suggests it was returning working off the 64 but raised a question if the 64 is still been worked off Shrewsbury depot? Another reason could have been a swap around of stock perhaps.
For those interested I have written a 'news' item on my website offering my review of the first days of operation of easyCoach in Wrexham - LINK -

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
(09/07/2018 20:36)iMarkeh Wrote:  It's the law I think. You can't subsidise a service where a commercial one already operates. As the TL goes to all the same places as the 42 and 44, it should be reverted to its original route prior to D Jones collapse.

I would love to know how Easybus are getting is so badly wrong. If GHA and D Jones can do it, Why can't Easybus. I had a lot of hope for them but if they are playing silly beggers, they won't get anywhere. Timing buses behind Arriva, the 42 runs on the same times as Arriva (despite missing a massive opportunity for a bus between 5 and 6 from the industrial estate) and they can't keep ontime on an easy route.

If they can't run things now, imagine the state they will be in if/when Arriva increase the pressure (reducing fares, running late to pick up the competitors passengers are common Arriva tactics). Considering how well the minibuses run, how can this be so different. I am baffled. You can tell they don't know what they are doing in the bus side. Minibuses there is help available from those who run the minibuses in London.

Yeah but the TL already existed before the Commercial Service's this is what im saying i dont see why Valentines were not helped out granted an extra Solo not even brand new could of been stock to run the TL1/2 separately on a better time basis as the TL1/2 Timetable granted its disgraceful like how WCBC ruined the 146.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)