Current time: 06/05/2024, 13:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Bus Network Review
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review
Another area I've noticed that will no longer have a bus service is Bold Heath on Sundays and evenings with the 121 withdrawn and the 140 instead serving Jubits Lane towards Rainhill.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(30/06/2016 17:06)jcksmnr Wrote:  Another area I've noticed that will no longer have a bus service is Bold Heath on Sundays and evenings with the 121 withdrawn and the 140 instead serving Jubits Lane towards Rainhill.

When I spoke to a Merseytravel rep on Tuesday, he did say that there was a possibility that the 140 might still serve Bold Heath evenings/Sundays as Jubits Lane is already served by the 17. Also the reason for the service terminating at Rainhill Station is due to the fact that there's not enough time for the service to reach Whiston Hospital. Think there is still some detail on these proposals which may be tinkered with.
In the post in the St Helens area today is a leaflet from Arriva talking about the changes

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(30/08/2016 14:00)T42 PVM Wrote:  In the post in the St Helens area today is a leaflet from Arriva talking about the changes

Half of it is the changes and new routes. The other half is Arriva promoting their mTicket app.
https://flickr.com/photos/137286913@N05/...3280154655
I do have to laugh at Arriva's claim that the Network is better connected. From the Prescot Road/Knowsley Road area, we have now lost a lot of our through services. From Prescot Road, you at present go through to Sutton Manor during daytimes and from Merseytravel, Bold Heath evenings/Sundays, from Sunday, it's down to the Town Centre only. Knowsley Road sees it's link to St Helens Junction reduced from 15 to 20 minutes and a withdrawal on the through 122 evenings/Sundays. Although before Arriva's changes back in 2006, on Knowsley Road, you had direct routes to Parr and St Helens Junction and on Prescot Road, you could go direct to Clinkham Wood, St Helens Junction, Clock Face, Sutton Manor and Marshalls Cross. I don't feel that these changes are for the benefit of passengers, just an exercise in cutting costs and reducing services.

Having said all that there are some very minor positives. the 35E runs later than most services with the last journey from St Helens being at 2343, well later than the final departures towards Prescot Road (2320 being the final departure on the 89).
Merseytravel are in St Helens Bus Station today, Apparently they given out loads of complaints forms so Passengers don't seem to like their new Network

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
(05/09/2016 12:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  Merseytravel are in St Helens Bus Station today, Apparently they given out loads of complaints forms so Passengers don't seem to like their new Network

I bet a few complaints are from the problems I mentioned yesterday in HTL thread.
More so due to the 35E not operating after 18:00 i beleive
There was a gap but it did operate during the evening as I saw it at about 9pmish.

Oh Superman where are you now, when everything's gone wrong somehow, the men of steel, the men of power, are losing control by the hour.
4108 | 4120 | 4125 | 4127 | 507001 | 507006 | 507023 | 508111 | 508130
(05/09/2016 12:32)T42 PVM Wrote:  Merseytravel are in St Helens Bus Station today, Apparently they given out loads of complaints forms so Passengers don't seem to like their new Network

It should have been Merseytravel who sent the leaflets out and not Arriva as this would include contracts and routes operated commercially by other operators. Does anybody know if anything was sent to Garswood Chain Lane and Sutton Manor well in advance, keeping residents well up to date and informed of the changes?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)