Current time: 26/04/2024, 17:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

St Helens Bus Network Review
RE: St Helens Bus Network Review
Also all arriva services are also going to be reviewed as well , which are DM in the mornings and evenings and Sunday so there will be changes for them as well , it's not just hattons etc which are being looked at , arriva proberly asked this information not to be reviled
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
It does make sense so there is no anomalies in any areas , over the years there has been some in the tendered / commercial sphere .
(26/05/2016 12:33)Pulsar2 Wrote:  Also all arriva services are also going to be reviewed as well , which are DM in the mornings and evenings and Sunday so there will be changes for them as well , it's not just hattons etc which are being looked at , arriva proberly asked this information not to be reviled

Merseytravel currently has no power to change commercial operations by Arriva or anyone else - it can only change its own tendered services. Of course that might change if London-style control is introduced by a City Region Czar.
Only Arrivas 156 and 356 have DM funding in St Helens and i cant see either of them changing

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
And i think the 89A and the first 32 in the morning which isnt going to affect a compnany the size of arriva where as a small operator like HTL and CUMFYBUS it would affect badly if say 50% of there services get terminated and that's why I've always stated living on contracts is all good and well but losing a lot of them can seriously damage a company or finish the company off and thats why i say it's good to have a stable commercial network alongside a tendered network.
Proposed changes can be viewed from this Friday:

http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us/...June).aspx

St Helens bus proposals - give your views from Friday (24th June)

​From this Friday (24th June), people who live or work in St Helens will be able to comment on proposals to make the area’s bus network simpler and clearer.

Proposals will be available for view and comment online until Friday 1st July, or via a drop- in event to be held at Church Square 10am-5pm on Tuesday 28th June.

This follows events in May which saw over 600 people attend and more than 200 offer their feedback on their frequency and pattern of bus use , including those services publically funded by Merseytravel, and what might make them use buses more.

St Helens is the second area to be reviewed as part of a wider review of the whole Liverpool City Region bus network over the next 12 months.

Historically bus routes have been considered on a piecemeal basis and the idea is to consider the commercial network and the supported network – that which relies on public subsidy via Merseytravel – as a whole for the first time to ensure it best reflects current working and living patterns, new developments and how they are served.

This is one of the first undertakings of the Bus Alliance, a formal partnership with operators Arriva and Stagecoach, with the aim of transforming bus services to encourage more people to take the bus. However, bus reviews involve all bus operators.

Part of the review has been looking at the current supported bus network and considering how increasingly limited public resources can be focussed where there is most need.

The detail for St Helens is still being worked through, however, the principles of the review will include working with the operators to extend or re-route some commercial services to cover areas previously served by publicly supported services.

To make the network easier to understand there are also plans for services on the same routes to operate under the same number whatever the time of day where possible.

Working with operators we will endeavour to offer passengers alternative provision available within their area if a service is removed or changed. Any changes will come into effect in September 2016.

Further details of the bus network reviews will be available on the Merseytravel website from Friday afternoon at http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/busreview

Said Cllr Liam Robinson, Chair of Merseytravel:

“This is about bringing the network up-to-date and making what savings we can for the public purse in the process as we continue to deal with the challenge of government cuts.

“The input we had from St Helens residents on how they use the bus and what would get them to use it more, or even at all, is feeding into the proposals we’re making. We now want comments on these too before we finalise the plans.

“We are working closely and innovatively with operators to develop a modern network where everybody has access to provision. This is despite budget pressures which have seen some communities in other areas left without any services.”

The Bus Alliance is an agreement between Merseytravel, Arriva and Stagecoach to improve bus travel for people across the Liverpool City Region. In time, it is hoped that other bus operators will join the Alliance.

The Alliance’s ambition is for a thriving, affordable and sustainable bus network that offers the customer a value for money and hassle-free journey experience - leading to an increase in fare paying passengers. It will look at creating simpler networks and fare structures to more investment in the buses themselves. Encouraging more people to travel by bus drives investment and means less reliance on the public purse.

Key work areas will include:

• A review of the City Region bus network;

• Investment in new and greener vehicles;

• On board Wi-Fi and at-seat USB charging points on all new vehicles;

• Improved bus links to and from John Lennon Airport;

• Streamlined service changes to make bus services more stable;

• Simpler ticketing and a review of zonal structures and pricing;

• Review of all customer information including more Real Time Information;

• Better integration of bus and rail services;

• Improved Customer Service training for all bus drivers.
Merseytravel have updated their Website to say the information will now online be online on Monday

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/Site%20Do...ummary.pdf

Details are now all online showing the proposed changes and routes to be withdrawn.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
A lot to get the head around. Interesting new links being created with the cross town 30/30E between Chain Lane and Sutton Manor but as far as I can work out there's a link lost in the 33 now only serving the Sutton Heath side. I think I'll have to look through a few more times to get a better idea of how things are going to work.
Looks like eccleston have lost the sunday service full stop with 194/195 took off

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)