Current time: 06/05/2024, 00:37 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wirral Transport Museum
RE: Wirral Transport Museum
Oh I'm sorry, but that really is pathetic. That detracts from the credibility of the museum, Merseytravel and Wirral.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
There is very little standing legally on this. With the service being free, it hasn't been registered on VOSA, so it's just a case of tough luck if it dosen't show up. Surely enclosed vehicles can be used - they used enclosed vehicles on the Heritage Tram Service in Blackpool in inclement weather, so surely it shouldn't be a problem to run an enclosed bus ie Bristol VR for example.
May be they struggled to staff this due to the Jubliee, and also thought that turn out would be poor. I agree not a good start, but fingers crossed things improve.

Cool Life is for living !
If that's the case it was pointless starting it
Well at least the 15PR service was running today with WTU 487W,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61939978@N07/7336747280/
Credit: CX07 CSY

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
From the Transport Manager of the Wirral Transport Museum himself ...

(04/06/2012 16:57)Robert Tennant Wrote:  The 15PR service is aimed at bringing motorists and their passengers into New Brighton Centre. The next time you see it pouring down all day and hundreds of cars parked on the prom 15PR will be running, and not until. It's the fault of Merseytravel who omitted the bit about not running in wet weather, the clue to the target passengers is in the PR. Park and Ride. Clearly not intended for bus enthusiast's.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/06/2012 23:04)R557 ABA Wrote:  From the Transport Manager of the Wirral Transport Museum himself ...

(04/06/2012 16:57)Robert Tennant Wrote:  The 15PR service is aimed at bringing motorists and their passengers into New Brighton Centre. The next time you see it pouring down all day and hundreds of cars parked on the prom 15PR will be running, and not until. It's the fault of Merseytravel who omitted the bit about not running in wet weather, the clue to the target passengers is in the PR. Park and Ride. Clearly not intended for bus enthusiast's.

I don't think this is a very good saying not for the Enthusiasts even though it's A Preserved bus and they normally want donations of cause enthusiasts should be aloud it's pointless a P&R from Harrison Drive anyway
I've re-read the timetable -it refers to a heritage bus service several times, but I can't see any reference to park and ride. I assumed the PR was for promenade. In any case who's ever heard of a park and ride service that doesn't run when it rains! The comment from the transport manager just adds to the damage to the reputation of the museum and Merseytravel. One thing is for sure. PR certainly doesn't stand for Public Relations.
DVG487 again today
There is even a sign in the Alighting stops (put out when it's in service) saying

HERITAGE SHUTTLE BUS FOR PROMANADE
SUPPORTED BY MERSEYTRAVEL

it does not mention Park & Ride

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)