Current time: 04/05/2024, 19:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Megabus to start a Liverpool - Glasgow Coach
Megabus to start a Liverpool - Glasgow Coach
Megabus are to start running a Coach Service from Liverpool to Glasgow from 6th March, It will be one trip each way once a day

At first glance i thought It would be a good idea as it goes from Liverpool - Glasgow none stop however after looking into it i think its going to fail as for starters you cant go from Liverpool to Glasgow or Glasgow to Liverpool and back on the same day and since it only runs once a day i cant see anyone wanting to go for that instead of getting the far more regular Train, Any thoughts?

More info: http://uk.megabus.com/New-Direct-Route-b...oolGlasgow

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Megabus to start a Liverpool - Glasgow Coach
(20/02/2016 00:41)T42 PVM Wrote:  Megabus are to start running a Coach Service from Liverpool to Glasgow from 6th March, It will be one trip each way once a day

At first glance i thought It would be a good idea as it goes from Liverpool - Glasgow none stop however after looking into it i think its going to fail as for starters you cant go from Liverpool to Glasgow or Glasgow to Liverpool and back on the same day and since it only runs once a day i cant see anyone wanting to go for that instead of getting the far more regular Train, Any thoughts?

More info: http://uk.megabus.com/New-Direct-Route-b...oolGlasgow

Think times may be wrong on that Arrive 1540 depart 1530 sure that should be arrive 1530 leave 1540 lol
Find all posts by this user
I thought that myself unless its going to interwork with a London Service as a way of creating a through link

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Megabus are bringing this out 3 years before the new Transpennine Express direct Liverpool - Glasgow rail service starts in 2019.
(20/02/2016 08:42)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Megabus are bringing this out 3 years before the new Transpennine Express direct Liverpool - Glasgow rail service starts in 2019.

Oh to be honest i know which i would use in a direct competition and it would be TPX , still think for that sort of distance train travel is more comfortable .
(20/02/2016 08:48)wirralbus Wrote:  Oh to be honest i know which i would use in a direct competition and it would be TPX , still think for that sort of distance train travel is more comfortable .

Trains are far more quicker,comfortable and essential on long distance as i would rather much catch the train too on that type of distance and no getting stuck in traffic too.
(20/02/2016 08:53)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Trains are far more quicker,comfortable and essential on long distance as i would rather much catch the train too on that type of distance and no getting stuck in traffic too.

But not everone would be able to afford the train. Therefore Megabus is a good option for the budget concious.

And those times are reflected in the booking system. You won't get a 10 minute turnaround on such a long distance service, especially with traffic conditions. It would probably see a driver change somewhere near Preston or Carlisle to allow for one driver to do the main part of the run and another to do the "shuttle" working.
How many people use Megabus for the novelty value of saying i got to go from Point A to Point B for say £8 .

Reading in modern Railways now there is going to be a revolt coming up soon by users of high value tickets who say they cant get seats on coaches and trains because of the super low cost tickets , its a case of the lowest price gets a seat the highest price doesnt get a seat , economics of the mad house.

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)