Current time: 26/04/2024, 13:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Link Network (MD Bus & Coach)
RE: Limos North West
(05/07/2016 17:38)linknetwork Wrote:  Hi All,
Im new to this Forum, I came across it while googling for photos of my buses. I read on here there are many questions and speculations about my bus company. Im happy to answer any questions you may have for MD Bus & Coach / Link Network Bus Co.

What's the connection between yourself and Fairbrothers of Warrington. Its been reported here and elsewhere that Fairborthers vehicles have been noted operating on your service in the past just wondering what the link is?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What is the change of timetable on the 18th July?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
What sugestions have the company recived that may operate in St Helens? With the 156 St Helens Garswood being rerouted, would they find a way to operate along Liverpool Road between Pewfall and Ashton Cross that would be financially viable?
Also has any been made for Widnes and Warrington?
(05/07/2016 22:17)Mayneway Wrote:  What's the connection between yourself and Fairbrothers of Warrington. Its been reported here and elsewhere that Fairborthers vehicles have been noted operating on your service in the past just wondering what the link is?

Hi, Thanks for your question. There is no connection from a business aspect between us and Fairbrothers, on a personal level Mr Fairbrother is a good friend of mine and had helped me set up the Bus side of my business. Because I don't have a yard full of buses when mine need to come off for maintenance I borrow a bus from Fairbrothers

(05/07/2016 23:56)T42 PVM Wrote:  What is the change of timetable on the 18th July?

Its a surprise

(06/07/2016 06:38)RedPanda Wrote:  What sugestions have the company recived that may operate in St Helens? With the 156 St Helens Garswood being rerouted, would they find a way to operate along Liverpool Road between Pewfall and Ashton Cross that would be financially viable?
Also has any been made for Widnes and Warrington?

Hi, Thanks for your question. I have had no suggestions that relate to the services or areas you've mentioned, Suggestions always welcomed and considered.

(26/05/2016 13:03)Richard Godfrey Wrote:  I had a look at this operation on Tuesday. Everything ran pretty much as per the timetable, but very few passengers seen on either vehicle. Bus 1 was an all red Solo (fleetnumber F16), whilst Bus 2 was an Optare Tempo, ex Konectbus 405. The yellow/grey skirt from its Konect days has now been painted maroon and the bus carries "Inter Link" branding on the side and front of the vehicle.

Hi Richard,
We used the Red Solo on this date as the Volvo was in for replacement brake shoes on the Rear. The Tempo we have has had a full re spray, although many people have commented to say weve kept the original blue from the previous operator, we did infact change it to a Metallic blue lighter than the original blue. We are Trading as "Link Network" (Hope you like the colours & Logos) ;-)
(06/07/2016 15:49)linknetwork Wrote:  Hi, Thanks for your question. There is no connection from a business aspect between us and Fairbrothers, on a personal level Mr Fairbrother is a good friend of mine and had helped me set up the Bus side of my business. Because I don't have a yard full of buses when mine need to come off for maintenance I borrow a bus from Fairbrothers

Thanks for your reply.
Posts on this thread and the Fairbrothers thread suggested that originally Mr Fairbrother was listed on the licence visable on the VOSA website - although a later post mentioned his name being removed.
Didn't both your website and Fairbothers own website suggested your company was 'part of the Fairbothers travel group'?
Given the fact the branding on your vehicles mentions St Helens, do you have any plans to do any routes in the area given the forthcoming cuts which are happening in September are going to leave some areas unserved? I appreciate you wouldn't be able to go into detail on here but a yes/no would be gratefully appreciated.
Thanks for getting back to me, When will there be a timetable for the coming change to the 110?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
(06/07/2016 18:25)Mayneway Wrote:  Thanks for your reply.
Posts on this thread and the Fairbrothers thread suggested that originally Mr Fairbrother was listed on the licence visable on the VOSA website - although a later post mentioned his name being removed.
Didn't both your website and Fairbothers own website suggested your company was 'part of the Fairbothers travel group'?

As I mentioned in an earlier reply, Mr Fairbrother helped me set up the company hence the name mentions, Now im flying almost solo Mr Fairbrother has stepped back.

(06/07/2016 19:34)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Given the fact the branding on your vehicles mentions St Helens, do you have any plans to do any routes in the area given the forthcoming cuts which are happening in September are going to leave some areas unserved? I appreciate you wouldn't be able to go into detail on here but a yes/no would be gratefully appreciated.

Hi,

Maybe ive missed something about the cuts you've mentioned. Id be interested to find out more about this. One concern in my mind is that is an operator is proposing cuts to some services does that mean they are not profitable? I do have plans to link Warrington and St Helens in the near future, currently working on a route & time table.

If you can point me in the direction on information on the Cuts I would be grateful
Thanks

(06/07/2016 21:56)T42 PVM Wrote:  Thanks for getting back to me, When will there be a timetable for the coming change to the 110?
The time table is available now online, there has been a delay by the printing company for the hard copies but hoping to have them on the buses and at Warrington Interchange mid next week, If you do look online at the time table it will also answer a question already been asked about the last variation to the 110 service with the TC due to take place on 18th July ;-)

(26/01/2016 14:25)T42 PVM Wrote:  Who is This company that are apparently based in St Helens (According to the BUSES Mag)?

They have apparently bought Wright Renowns W104 EWU and W108 EWU but since i have never heard of them i wonder what they will be used on?

Fleet Update:

W104 EWU - This is now in Ireland
W108 EWU - Still on our growing Fleet but not for long
MX05 ELJ - Tempo Still Current
YN53 SVR - Solo - New to The Fleet
YK04 KWC - Solo - New to the Fleet
(10/07/2016 08:37)linknetwork Wrote:  As I mentioned in an earlier reply, Mr Fairbrother helped me set up the company hence the name mentions, Now im flying almost solo Mr Fairbrother has stepped back.

Thanks for the reply and the very best of luck with your venture. It's got to be a very challenging starting any business but the bus industry can be very volatile, with many independants simply disapearing so hopefully you can make it work Smile

I think I read that your licence VA was currently for 4 vehicles, any plans to increase the licence and expand?
RE: Limos North West (MD Bus & Coach & Link Network)
Thanks, Just looked at the Timetable and i see its going back to hourly running from 8:42am until 4:47pm (break in day for Bus to do Schools) The new Timetable is also a lot more easy to understand

Also glad to see your looking at starting a new Service to St Helens, its a good idea as the 329 Service interworks with the 360 in Warrington so if the 360 is met with delays it has an impact on the 329 so something you could take advantage of

As for the Service cuts mentioned above, Its more a Network change in St Helens, Details for it can be seen here:
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/Site%20Do...282%29.pdf

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)