Current time: 04/05/2024, 03:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
Why are Bolton giving Winsford the Pointers when they recently got rid of theirs from the fleet

http://busncoachfleetlists.comli.com/ The new fleetlist site containing lots of new things

Currently the Macclesfield photographer for anything Arriva Macclesfield and Winsford, Arriva Wythenshawe, High Peaks, Aimees, Holmeswood, GHA and anything else I photograph

My blog http://maccbusspotter.blogspot.co.uk/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Starting next week there are going to be delays/diversions to Arriva's 575 service due to Network Rail Electrification works closing a number of Railway bridges in Blackrod area details are as follows:

575 Bolton-Wigan
Mon 02 Feb to Sun 01 Mar
Normal route to Crown roundabout;
ahead Scholes Bank; ahead Bolton
Road; left Grimeford Lane; left Chorley
Road; right Chorley Road; normal route.

Mon 02 Mar to Fri 15 May
Normal route to Crown roundabout;
ahead Scholes Bank; ahead Bolton
Road; left Railway Road (B6227); left
Market Street; ahead Chorley Road;
right Chorley Road; normal route

Obviously this will probably have a knock on effect to the 362 service as both 575/362 routes interwork
Particularly as the second diversion goes all the way up to Adlington and then back down to Blackrod or Horwich. Perhaps splitting the route like SLT will do on the 576 may be a better option.
Not very often I post but I really pity anyone who goes on 575 to railway rd adlington as from 740 onwards it is absolute chaos throughout the rush hour and from 3pm onwards - mainly due to the 3 way lights at the bottom of railway rd at the ( was) mini roundabout. the sequence is very slow and traffic this morning was back to upper adlington - near the co-op. I pity the 125 drivers who are unable to run a service and there are huge gaps in the service. Arriva will have to put at least two extra buses on just to keep a service! and the problems this morning are before blackrod station bridge is shut! Obv Grimeford Road bridge will just make it that much worse!
( as an aside my children left Albany academy at 3.20pm Monday and got to crown horwich 4.05pm - better yesterday but picked them up in car today and went via red rock and top of blackrod but wont be able to do that next week)
Am told that Bolton have lost all the Manchester/Salford Mini Bus work and the 715 Eve/Sun Tenders

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(31/01/2015 02:24)bolton bus basher Wrote:  Am told that Bolton have lost all the Manchester/Salford Mini Bus work and the 715 Eve/Sun Tenders

Interesting to see who gets the contracts if true. Can imagine Stagecoach trying to win the Salford routes to boost their presence in the area. SLT and Cumfybus probably a good shout for the 715.
Was a Driver who told me and he is normally quite Reliable

EDIT: I dont mind getting proven wrong as thats a lot of work to lose!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Just a reminder that tomorrow is the start of big diversions to Bolton Depot's 575 and unless Bolton are changing the times/duties this will have a knock on affect to their 362s which have got their own problems due to the fact Preston Road beyond Standish is closed for Sewer Repairs.

362 diversion is as follows:

Normal route to Pepper Lane
Left onto Pepper Lane following this round over the M6 motorway
Onto Mossy Lea Road
Continuing onto Wood Lane
Right onto Park Hall Road
Left onto Chorley Road back onto normal route

The diversion for 362s is already adding about 10-15 mins onto journey times and having a knock on affect to 575s and even yesterday I noticed 2 575s leaving Wigan within minutes of each other

Its going to get even worse from March-May when 575s will have to travel upto Adlington to get back on route and part of this diversion (Railway Road) is now used by Stagecoach's 125s to get to/from Bolton
Has anyone got any info on 4178, I still haven't seen it in service and I can't find any photos of it in service. Was it used for spares?
4178 is in Service, mainly on Schools tho

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)