Current time: 26/04/2024, 04:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bolton Depot
yea will be as mini bus services came to bolton just over a month ago

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/06/2012 10:32)WWH44L Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 10:22)Damien Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 06:48)bolton bus basher Wrote:  575 goes to 362 and theres still 1 interwork from the 715 to the 360 rest start dead from wigan/golborne but if 360 and 362 did come to st helens i dont think it would be done forever just until they get some land somewhere

I agree with you totally, on that. Im just wondering if there is any possible sites, Arriva could use for the new depot. I Can't think of any off the top of my head, outside of Bolton seems more likely.

There is the old mail centre in Farnworth that is up for sale. Maybe a bit too big though (and expensive)

Yes, of course I Forgot about that place, as you say though could be to expensive, we shall see. If it suits the purpose, maybe it will be looked at, only time will tell though
(12/06/2012 12:48)WWH44L Wrote:  
(12/06/2012 12:20)bolton bus basher Wrote:  well yea i agree, wisper has it that ince is up for school deckers (i think its bull but anyway)

Ince? Can't see that.

There are plenty of places knocking around off the top of my head at Wingates in Westhoughton or the Mark One depot at Breightmet. Anything down in The Valley?

Forgot about them two places:P
There's a whole business park in Atherton they could build a new depot on! And its only five minutes from the M61, and in easy reach of Bolton, Wigan, Warrington and St Helens.
Find all posts by this user
A new depot build is expensive. I really think that, at the very least as an interim measure, some routes could transfer out of Bolton to other depots to free up space for incoming Manchester routes.

How much space would Bolton require/how many services would they have to loose to take on the Manchester operation in it's current state?

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
depends what you take, give the 362 and 360 to st helens and that should do it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Seriously arriva are thick they shut skem depot down and rent it out they should have kept it open and shut Manchester down sent the routes to Bolton sent the 360/362 to skem which would have strengthed up skems revenue. So now there stuck with no where to go
Arriva will be making more money out of the old Skem site renting it out now as they have no operational costs there and the routes which left are all running as normal from other depots with little to no dead mileage. It's win win for them and I'd say it's anything but thick. If they need to move the Manchester stuff out to other depots (which they seem in no massive rush to actually do) they have options such as moving routes like the 360/362 out of Bolton to garages such as St Helens.

They do everything they need to, to minimise their cost and increase their profit. Closing Skelmersdale will have reduced their operating costs massively especially considering they've had no actual loses with the routes which run equally well from their new garages. As opposed to having nowhere to go, I'd say Arriva actually have the ability to rather quickly get themselves into a situation whereby they've managed to close 2 operating centres (reducing the costs I talk about) yet maintain the core route networks in these areas, I see nothing but business sense there.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Nah don't agree mate I work in southport remember and there quite a lot lost mileage goes in coz of a brake downs which can take well over an hour to get too there was a brake down in skem that took a fitter 2hrs to get to that would have took half n hour to get to,
It's also not good business Sence to shut two depots when they havnt got the land in Bolton

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)