Current time: 02/05/2024, 16:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Operation of articulated buses in the North West
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(28/12/2015 19:41)Lynx Wrote:  Wow, this topic got its own thread LaughLaughLaugh . Sorry but I was just wondering what you meant by the top deck trailing behind?

I've read it as a double-deck vehicle follows a bendy to provide more capacity?.. is that what was meant? If so, and if the capacity is such an issue to require two buses at a time, then why not just have two deckers instead?
Find all posts by this user
(28/12/2015 19:41)Lynx Wrote:  Wow, this topic got its own thread LaughLaughLaugh . Sorry but I was just wondering what you meant by the top deck trailing behind?

Lol I wondered when I actually made this thread
The people who'd be on the top deck would just go to the trailer bit if you get me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/12/2015 19:55)Enviro400 Wrote:  I've read it as a double-deck vehicle follows a bendy to provide more capacity?.. is that what was meant? If so, and if the capacity is such an issue to require two buses at a time, then why not just have two deckers instead?

No I mean they can hold more people by a few so if Arriva just focus on getting those people in and out of the city, people can breathe easy, not have stop at every stop and can be closer to their destination sooner. Be much more direct to Page Moss and Huyton.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/12/2015 20:15)RedPanda Wrote:  No I mean they can hold more people by a few so if Arriva just focus on getting those people in and out of the city, people can breathe easy, not have stop at every stop and can be closer to their destination sooner. Be much more direct to Page Moss and Huyton.

I see what your saying but it simply just wouldn't work and really it isn't needed. I think the original issue on the St Helens thread was that cadets where being utilised on the 10A which fair enough if cadets are used over the busy festive period then there will be capacity issues but at any other time Enviro400s cope just fine. It just confused me a bit that we have gone from talking about some simple inappropriate workings (something we should be used to with St Helens) to suggesting that a bendy and decker are run in tandem to quell overcrowding. LaughLaugh
RE: Operation of articulated buses in the North West
(27/12/2015 21:07)RedPanda Wrote:  On about removing some buses to and from Liverpool that operates along the 10 corridor and replace them with bendy buses (an idea of mine) then talk started on how other depots had bendy buses and where they'd be useful.

Back to the subject of the artic bendy buses to/from Liverpool, I've had a thought all that would happen is the top deck would trail behind albeit with a few more seats. Not one for now but a few years off yet.
I said M57 Junction 2 as drivers can turn around and Knowsley Council could make a buses layby for layover time.

Having gone through that area on the 10/10A quite regularly over the last few weeks I really can't see where a layover area for any size bus (never mind an articulated bus) could be put in anywhere near the motorway junction. There simply isn't enough space. More to the point why would Knowsley Council waste money that could be better spent on something else on creating a layover area for buses that are only being used on a trial on a route that probably isn't going to work? That really doesn't make any sense to me

Even so there's only a few depots (Green Lane, Speke and Runcorn) that are suited to the operation of articulated vehicles

(28/12/2015 20:15)RedPanda Wrote:  No I mean they can hold more people by a few so if Arriva just focus on getting those people in and out of the city, people can breathe easy, not have stop at every stop and can be closer to their destination sooner. Be much more direct to Page Moss and Huyton.

I personally don't think missing bus stops along that route is going to significantly reduce the journey time by much more than 3-5 minutes. That really isn't a significant difference considering how frequent the four different bus services between Liverpool City Centre and Longview Lane are at the moment with the 10 every 15 minutes, the 10A every six minutes and the 10B every 10 minutes. In the space of an hour there are no less than 20 buses on those three routes combined between the City Centre and Longview Lane with one on average every three minutes. There really isn't any point in adding any more bus services along an already well-served corridor

I think it's best we leave it there and move on
RE: Operation of articulated buses in the North West
You'd have good fun getting an artic around the St Helens end of the route too, tight enough in a 12 metre Enviro300 some of those turns!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)