Current time: 26/04/2024, 12:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Christmas and New Year Bus Services
RE: Christmas and new year bus services
(21/11/2015 20:27)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Merseyrail like London Underground is not a part of the National Rail Network

Merseyrail most definitely is a part of the National Rail network.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/11/2015 20:30)507009 Wrote:  Merseyrail most definitely is a part of the National Rail network.

Am I right in saying that the Merseyrail network operates on specific and dedicated track and it is now responsible for maintaining its own track or has this power not been devolved yet?
(21/11/2015 20:27)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Merseyrail like London Underground is not a part of the National Rail Network

These are part of the National Rail network, but the difference is that they are franchised locally rather than nationally.

I understand that ScotRail and maybe Wales & Borders are being similarly devolved in future.

With Stagecoach running Sunday services on Monday December 28th, I reckon this will be replicated by other bus operators across Merseyside eg Arriva, Halton, HTL.
(21/11/2015 20:39)Barney Wrote:  Am I right in saying that the Merseyrail network operates on specific and dedicated track and it is now responsible for maintaining its own track or has this power not been devolved yet?

Merseyrail does not maintain its own track, and some admittedly limited sections are shared.

London Overground is also locally franchised, as is the new Crossrail franchise (currently known as TfL Rail) but both, like Merseyrail, remain part of the National Rail network.
(21/11/2015 20:30)507009 Wrote:  Merseyrail most definitely is a part of the National Rail network.

Correct

I am no longer active on this forum.
Although there hasn't been an official media release yet, I'm assuming that Green Lane will operate Arriva's Boxing Day and New Year's Day services for north Liverpool this year. I'm also assuming that now that Green Lane has received a large number of new Enviro400s since last year these will be used on these two days. Last year there was a serious capacity issue, particularly on Boxing Day.

Similarly, I would expect Stagecoach to have all of its deckers out on these two days. We shall see if common sense prevails.
(22/11/2015 20:48)Barney Wrote:  Although there hasn't been an official media release yet, I'm assuming that Green Lane will operate Arriva's Boxing Day and New Year's Day services for north Liverpool this year. I'm also assuming that now that Green Lane has received a large number of new Enviro400s since last year these will be used on these two days. Last year there was a serious capacity issue, particularly on Boxing Day.

Similarly, I would expect Stagecoach to have all of its deckers out on these two days. We shall see if common sense prevails.

I'd say it's unlikely that Stagecoach will have theirs out and that Arriva's a safer bet, but we'll see.
Boxing day is increasingly a people moving day and as people have said single deckers have been known not to cope on Boxing Day would make sense to use every available double decker where possible .
RE: Christmas and New Year Bus Services
Arriva's Christmas service details now on their website. Special timetables on Boxing Day and New Years Day on services 10A, 10B, 12, 14, 15, 18, 26, 27, 31, 32, 34, 35, 43, 44, 46, 47, 49, 52A, 53, 55, 75, 79, 81, 82, 86/86A, 89, 320, 410, 423, 432, 437, 464, 471/472, 500 and PR1 in Merseyside and on Boxing Day only on services 18A, 245, 247 and 320 in Greater Manchester.

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-west/f...tmas-2015/

Meanwhile, Stagecoach Manchester will be running a Christmas Day service on the 192 in addition to the 43 Christmas Day service to/from Manchester Airport.

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/uploads/ho...on2015.pdf
RE: Christmas and New Year Bus Services
I think i just spotted a mistake on Arriva's Boxing Day Timetables, no 13 Service and the 12 is running at the same Frequency as last year (Both Services really struggled as it was)

On a better note i notice some North Liverpool routes have earlier Buses this year as well!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)