Current time: 20/05/2024, 02:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015
I think that Stagecoach is on-to something with the dual-direction operation on the N1 - I think that is an important part of the viability of any bus service, day or night, as people will want to travel in both directions.

As for Arriva's cross-river night buses - they were not timetabled at any stops other than Queen Square (not used by usual cross-river passengers) and Birkenhead Bus Station - so passengers like me who rarely alight or board at Birkenhead Bus Station would not know about these services. I only found out about them when I was behind the N23 one night in a taxi after finishing work! I looked at the timetables online and was shocked to see the N23, N37, N450 and the 500 all running cross-river each weekend. They need to really re-think night buses: advertise on the buses (well done to stagecoach for doing this on the 1/2 vehicles) and, if there are ever any permanent night-buses, they should operate as normal stopping with timetables printed for each stop- even though it's unlikely that people will board an N37 in Greasby going towards West Kirby, daytime users of the 437 will notice that it has a night-bus equivalent when they consult the timetable, and will perhaps consider it next time they're looking to get home from a night out in Liverpool.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Liverpool Night Buses Christmas 2015 - E400 - 18/11/2015 21:35

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)