Current time: 04/05/2024, 07:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyside Night Buses
RE: Merseyside Night Buses
Good to hear that the 86s are looking decent.

As for the N1, that is Liverpool -> Chester -> Liverpool, normal stopping. I too don't understand why they didn't attempt the 471/2, but then again the current arrangement sees Stagecoach buses off the route by about 10pm anyway, so they would have to re-work the current daytime services with Arriva or exit service for a couple of hours only to start again after midnight, which seems illogical and more hassle than it is worth
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Arriva will be loathe to give any headway on the 471/2 , so a night service would have to be a standalone operation , i thought it was much earlier than 10pm that Stagecoach was off the 471/2
(24/09/2016 09:07)wirralbus Wrote:  Arriva will be loathe to give any headway on the 471/2 , so a night service would have to be a standalone operation , i thought it was much earlier than 10pm that Stagecoach was off the 471/2

10pm was a rough guess, I think the last one leaves service between 2130 and 2200 at Heswall but may be earlier.

I too doubt Arriva would budge on that route, though it wouldn't necessarily stop Stagecoach. The last 472 leaves Liverpool at like 2325? I am sure between the 38, 41/42 and 1 they have vehicles leaving service around midnight to start a 471/2 from Birkenhead to Heswall between 00:05 (approx. 30 mins after Arriva's last one) or 00:35 (1 hour after). It would likely only be single deck but that would most likely suffice.
(24/09/2016 14:22)Enviro400 Wrote:  10pm was a rough guess, I think the last one leaves service between 2130 and 2200 at Heswall but may be earlier.

I too doubt Arriva would budge on that route, though it wouldn't necessarily stop Stagecoach. The last 472 leaves Liverpool at like 2325? I am sure between the 38, 41/42 and 1 they have vehicles leaving service around midnight to start a 471/2 from Birkenhead to Heswall between 00:05 (approx. 30 mins after Arriva's last one) or 00:35 (1 hour after). It would likely only be single deck but that would most likely suffice.

Ten or so years ago the 450 used Titans and operated every 10/15 at weekends through the Birkenhead tunnel. Given the opportunity, I have no doubt that weekend night buses would be used, especially if passes were valid.
I just really dont think Arriva are interested in night bus work as a whole , it would probably be Stagecoach who would have to resource the staff for the operations .
(24/09/2016 18:21)Barney Wrote:  Ten or so years ago the 450 used Titans and operated every 10/15 at weekends through the Birkenhead tunnel. Given the opportunity, I have no doubt that weekend night buses would be used, especially if passes were valid.

I am sure that somewhere in the Wirral there exists a commercially viable nightbus route which could see this sort of usage again. I am not going to be naive and think it will happen overnight, but running this service like a daytime service with full stopping, both directions and accepting passes will be central to the success.
Ive always thought st helens should operate the 10A as a 24hr service with it serving 3 major hospitals and would take a lot of custom off the taxis with taxis costing £25-£30 from st helens to liverpool.
(25/09/2016 15:04)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Ive always thought st helens should operate the 10A as a 24hr service with it serving 3 major hospitals and would take a lot of custom off the taxis with taxis costing £25-£30 from st helens to liverpool.

Surely if the 10A became a 24hr operation, a pulsar would more than suit an hourly service each way and a double decker for Friday, Saturday nights and build up to Christmas
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I have just been sent photos of the N1 getting busy as well

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(25/09/2016 20:13)T42 PVM Wrote:  I have just been sent photos of the N1 getting busy as well

That's great news! Hopefully people will twig that it is cheaper than a taxi, particularly if they have week tickets for work or uni

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)