Current time: 02/05/2024, 20:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Goodwins
RE: Go Goodwins
(21/04/2023 21:52)Mayneway Wrote:  I think that will be way down TFGM’s list of requirements.
Only issue is as far as am aware.

It's the law that employees working unsupervised with children must undergo an enhanced DBS check.

So it does limit who they can find.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/04/2023 22:19)Mrboo Wrote:  It's the law that employees working unsupervised with children must undergo an enhanced DBS check.

Yes but there have been instances of where operators haven't done the necessary checks. For example, GHA Coaches allowing someone who used to work for them to start driving their buses again, no check undertaken. Police then called to a road rage incident between a bus and car driver, to find that very driver was wearing an electronic tag.
Does anyone have any ideas of who might take on the former Little Gem services as TfGM are saying their hoping to have them running again by 2 May?

With some drivers going to Diamond could they operate them but if so where would they suddenly get vehicles from at short notice unless some of the Little Gem fleet passes over to Diamond at Eccles?
(23/04/2023 06:13)M60lad Wrote:  Does anyone have any ideas of who might take on the former Little Gem services as TfGM are saying their hoping to have them running again by 2 May?

With some drivers going to Diamond could they operate them but if so where would they suddenly get vehicles from at short notice unless some of the Little Gem fleet passes over to Diamond at Eccles?

So at the moment it sounds like Diamond have additional drivers, while Arriva have surplus vehicles from ending their Cheshire operations. Apparently there's around 20 Arriva Winsford and Macclesfield drivers who either haven't been offered work by D&G or who don't want to be based at one of Wincham, Crewe or Stoke. That's probably not much help as they probably wouldn't want to be based at Wythenshawe.
(21/04/2023 22:19)Mrboo Wrote:  Only issue is as far as am aware.

It's the law that employees working unsupervised with children must undergo an enhanced DBS check.

So it does limit who they can find.

Let me clarify for you.
On yellow YSB TFGM school contracts a DBS check should be done.
However on regular TFGM school contracts they are not required.
(23/04/2023 08:20)knutstransport Wrote:  So at the moment it sounds like Diamond have additional drivers, while Arriva have surplus vehicles from ending their Cheshire operations. Apparently there's around 20 Arriva Winsford and Macclesfield drivers who either haven't been offered work by D&G or who don't want to be based at one of Wincham, Crewe or Stoke. That's probably not much help as they probably wouldn't want to be based at Wythenshawe.

This is what I got told off my pal at Diamond. The owner of Goodwins has arranged for all staff to have a continuation of work at Diamond Eccles and as there’s a continuation of work has apparently refused them redundancy.
27 drivers should be moving over to Diamond Eccles this week.
Apparently TFGM are also in talks with Diamond to take on the remaining tenders.
(23/04/2023 09:06)Mayneway Wrote:  Let me clarify for you.

That shouldn't be the case. Regardless of whether it's bus work or not an enhanced DBS check is required if your job involves working with children or vulnerable adults. The driver of a designated school bus should be treated the same as a school caretaker or staff employed in a school canteen. The requirement has been in place for around 20 years and became a requirement due to the involvement of a school caretaker in the disappearance of two girls. You may recall it was introduced during the school summer holidays and there was concern there wouldn't be enough bus drivers getting clearance ahead of the September term start date.
(23/04/2023 09:06)Mayneway Wrote:  Let me clarify for you.
if a closed service Unless they have a member of school staff on board.
Service work you don't need it due to anyone can use the service but if route is a closed service the driver has a role of trust being alone with minors so there is a risk. I would not want a child to be alone with a driver without a DBS apart from a one off event. As a Controller, I would not put myself or any driver in that position without a DBS as it just a PR nightmare..
(23/04/2023 11:06)Mrboo Wrote:  if a closed service Unless they have a member of school staff on board.
Service work you don't need it due to anyone can use the service but if route is a closed service the driver has a role of trust being alone with minors so there is a risk. I would not want a child to be alone with a driver without a DBS apart from a one off event. As a Controller, I would not put myself or any driver in that position without a DBS as it just a PR nightmare..

And a registered school service is technically a public service so although it either starts or finishes at a school anyone can use it, no DBS checks are done on the drivers. I have schools on a couple of lines on my rota and I’ve never had a DBS check. The yellow school bus drivers are required to have them.
Looks like First Travel Solutions have not found cover for all services.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/...d-26776514

The school bus routes which have been withdrawn

789 - Blessed Thomas Holford Catholic College

School bus routes with emergency cover

Altrincham Boys Grammar School - 755 and 758
The 755 will be covered by Phantom Travel from Wednesday, April 26, until Friday April 28
The 758 will be covered from Tuesday, April 25 by Red Rose

Altrincham College - 773 and 774
The 773 will be covered from by Belle Vue
The 774 will be covered by TJs Travel from Wednesday, April 26, until Friday, April 28

Altrincham Girls Grammar School - 758 and 760
The 758 will be covered by Red Rose
The 760 will not operate until further notice

Barlow RC High School - 719
The 719 will be covered from Monday 24 April by Belle Vue

Flixton Girls' School - 795
The 795 will be covered by ABC Coach Hire from Wednesday, April 26 until Friday, April 28

Loreto Grammar School - 755, 758 and 760
The 755 will be covered by Phantom Travel from Wednesday, April 26, until Friday, April 28
The 758 will be covered by Red Rose
The 760 will be covered by Phantom Travel from Wednesday, April 26 until Friday, April 28

Sale Grammar School - 783
The 783 will be covered by Red Rose

St Ambrose College - 761
The 761 will be covered fby Belle Vue

Urmston Grammar School - 795
The 795 will be covered by ABC Coach Hire from Wednesday, April 26, until Friday, April 28

Wellacre Academy - 795

The 795 will be covered by ABC Coach Hire from Wednesday, April 26, until Friday, April 28

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)