Current time: 04/05/2024, 14:03 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Go Goodwins
RE: Go Goodwins
Tourliner MC17BEE has been sold reverted back to OU17ORL.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Fortunately, according to the TfGM website, Wayfarers are valid on Go Goodwin buses, which should therefore include routes 391/92.
Find all posts by this user
(11/07/2020 03:55)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Fortunately, according to the TfGM website, Wayfarers are valid on Go Goodwin buses, which should therefore include routes 391/92.

Although when their website said D&G Bus accepted them, the operator said that was inaccurate after they took over the 88 route. Apparently the D&G inclusion related to when they ran a route in to Manchester years ago and they didn't rejoin the scheme when they took over the 300 service from High Peak - which was their only route in the area at the time.
(11/07/2020 08:53)knutstransport Wrote:  Although when their website said D&G Bus accepted them, the operator said that was inaccurate after they took over the 88 route. Apparently the D&G inclusion related to when they ran a route in to Manchester years ago and they didn't rejoin the scheme when they took over the 300 service from High Peak - which was their only route in the area at the time.

Presumably that route was their evening tender on the 130 in the early/mid 2000s (unless they were the final 108 operator)
(11/07/2020 08:53)knutstransport Wrote:  Although when their website said D&G Bus accepted them, the operator said that was inaccurate after they took over the 88 route. Apparently the D&G inclusion related to when they ran a route in to Manchester years ago and they didn't rejoin the scheme when they took over the 300 service from High Peak - which was their only route in the area at the time.

This could just create the nightmare scenario in which Go Goodwins claim that Wayfarers were only valid before the operation was sold to Rotala, but not for subsequent routes 84/a (as applicable) or 391/92.
Anyone know how much an adult return is to stockport from macc & are they accepting cash on buses or is it contactless payments?
Former MCT (TFGM owned) Optare versa Hybrids YJ60KCY/X have been pressed back into service and are being used by GoGoodwins on the newly gained 382 contract. These were refurbished around 12 months ago when the Stockport 300 Metroshuttle ended which is probably why they they are being used - I’d be very surprised if any more of the TFGM hybrids come back to life.
(03/08/2020 17:21)Mayneway Wrote:  Former MCT (TFGM owned) Optare versa Hybrids YJ60KCY/X have been pressed back into service and are being used by GoGoodwins on the newly gained 382 contract. These were refurbished around 12 months ago when the Stockport 300 Metroshuttle ended which is probably why they they are being used - I’d be very surprised if any more of the TFGM hybrids come back to life.

There are 2 more Solo SRs originally for the Queens Road Metroshuttles that are yet to re enter service I’m assuming these will be the last TfGM hybrids to re enter service.
(11/07/2020 14:30)Metroline1511 Wrote:  This could just create the nightmare scenario in which Go Goodwins claim that Wayfarers were only valid before the operation was sold to Rotala, but not for subsequent routes 84/a (as applicable) or 391/92.

Well are go goodwins part of system one? if so there should be no issue as there on the system. now 391/92 could be down to East Cheshire control with tickets but I can`t see a issue
(03/08/2020 17:40)darylyates17 Wrote:  There are 2 more Solo SRs originally for the Queens Road Metroshuttles that are yet to re enter service I’m assuming these will be the last TfGM hybrids to re enter service.

If it’s the two I’m thinking about they were refurbished with the rest of the last batch and offered to an operator who had just picked up a 2 bus contract. I believe the buses were looked over and refused by the operator who decided to use their own so they were (possibly still are) stored at Stagecoach Wigan depot (Birkenhead did the refurbs).
Ex metroshuttle and MCT Solo YJ60KCG was also refurbished but constantly had issues with brakes and the electronic retarder while at MCT so this one might reappear.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)