Current time: 21/05/2024, 09:05 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(03/12/2016 22:22)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why are they in cross river livery then? Normal arriva isnt that colour nor is their Saph, Max or any other variation.

It's the standard livery for Hybrid buses with Arriva, like Runcorns MAN's. Google Arriva Hybrid loads of different types vehicles are in this Hybrid Livery

Follow me on flickr
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/12/2016 22:22)iMarkeh Wrote:  Why are they in cross river livery then? Normal arriva isnt that colour nor is their Saph, Max or any other variation.

The blue and green livery is applied to all environmentally friendly vehicles in the fleet. "CrossRiver" is a specfic branding for the cross river routes

Also these are Volvo B5LHs with Wright Gemini 3 bodywork. The StreetDeck is a Wrightbus integral powered by a Daimler engine
Find all posts by this user
I didnt think about the Runcorn buses. That makes sense now. Sorry.

@SJ64JDZ, It looks a lot like a streetdeck. Wright Geminis are what are on Route 11 to Holywell and it doesnt look like that. Why call it a Gemini when it doesnt look like one?
(04/12/2016 01:10)iMarkeh Wrote:  I didnt think about the Runcorn buses. That makes sense now. Sorry.

@SJ64JDZ, It looks a lot like a streetdeck. Wright Geminis are what are on Route 11 to Holywell and it doesnt look like that. Why call it a Gemini when it doesnt look like one?

That is the new design for the gemini's , looks similar to the streetdeck with just a few alterations like no glass staircase on the offside etc and its fully powered by volvo im assuming where as the streetdeck is an integral which as a different chassis/engine provided a by a third party manufacturer.
Im not a fan of the bodywork on both of the new double decks .

I know there will be loads of people saying its only a bus , but if its not pleasing to the eye the people you are trying to get at wont even be bothered using it that is the car drivers.

Up until these vehicles everything that Arriva has got for the Merseyside fleet has been what I would expect from a bus .
(04/12/2016 09:48)wirralbus Wrote:  Im not a fan of the bodywork on both of the new double decks .

I know there will be loads of people saying its only a bus , but if its not pleasing to the eye the people you are trying to get at wont even be bothered using it that is the car drivers.

Up until these vehicles everything that Arriva has got for the Merseyside fleet has been what I would expect from a bus .

I have to agree with you. The body shape is too angular and utilitarian unlike ADL's MMC's which are smooth and rounded. Personally, I think the ADL's City Bus is the best design. Ultimately, it depends on performance, comfort and VFM.
Does anyone know how many extra buses will be needed from 1 January when 432/433 & 437 frequency is increased?
Seen a new Gemini 3 on test by Birkenhead Central this morning

When I drove past LS earlier it looked like SL15ZGP the Streetdeck demonstrator that was at Stagecoach Birkenhead earlier this year was there...unless its another Streetdeck demo
(07/12/2016 22:49)E208 WBG Wrote:  Seen a new Gemini 3 on test by Birkenhead Central this morning

When I drove past LS earlier it looked like SL15ZGP the Streetdeck demonstrator that was at Stagecoach Birkenhead earlier this year was there...unless its another Streetdeck demo

It is SL15 ZGP
After yesterday and two trips on the 419 , i can now see why this service is so unreliable.

Both services where on Pulsars which seem to be standard fare now at Birkenhead , in the outward direction Bromborough to Arrowe Park Hospital was reasonable usuage but the service tailed off considerably mainly due to the fact that the Noctorum / Beechwood circular was in front of the service from Beechwood towards Hoylake Road . Five minutes ensued at Laird Street for a driver change . Overall in Birkenhead 3 late which i term as acceptable for a route of that length.

On the return was a different matter though on time departure from birkenhead Bus Station was marred by a slow driver change , taking around three minutes to complete , never understood a driver change on this route in that direction isnt it better in the Birkenhead direction.
The parking situation on the Beechwood which at some points narrows the road down to one lane doesnt help , for that rather silly bicycle lane , never seen a bike in it to be honest in all the time i have drove through there +8 at Upton Library +11 Dacre Hill +15 Bromborough Cross , so now no matter what happens the driver is late on the return trip from Mill Park.

Does the 418/419 have an over ambitious timetable at certain times of the day , i reckon yes.

User(s) browsing this thread: 8 Guest(s)