Current time: 05/05/2024, 14:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(05/12/2016 15:34)T42 PVM Wrote:  Notices at Bury have gone up today informing Drivers that Bury and Ashton Under Lyne Depots are both to close, Work will be moved to nearby Depots

EDIT: Should of also stated, The close date is April 2017

Not surprised, when the new Managing Director has come from Stagecoach, it well known that Stagecoach have been after moving in Bury for some time. Also Stagecoach have been giving First, a run for they money in Ashton for some time now.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
http://www.burytimes.co.uk/news/14947300...announced/
When the closures happen, will the buses be moved the day before the closure, on the day or after the depot closure? If anyone knows
MEN coverage of the closure. Has a quote from a Bury driver, saying "They just dropped this bombshell on us today" and that First management said passengers aren't using the services as much as they should be.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...s-12276208
(05/12/2016 20:00)Dentonian Wrote:  Gradually over the weekend, but mostly on the Sunday, whilst the PVR is reduced, so as not to disrupt services. If I'm right about the date coinciding with the change date, it will follow the Easter school hols, so some buses could move during that period, including any previously withdrawn buses.

Thanks for that! With the 471 then moving to Bolton i think we could see some of the unbranded Enviro400s branded for the route.
I cant help but think went Bury Depot closes it would give Rosso a chance to expand more as they seem keen in competing with First around Bury

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I know its a bit early to probably speculate but do we know what will happen vehicle wise when the 2 Depots close? I only ask as I'm sure that the only depot with space that could accomodate Bury's Bendy fleet would be Bolton and unless 135 moves to Bolton I can't see what route/s Bolton could use them on and whoever gets 135 will need extra deckers unless deckers get sourced from other divisions.
(05/12/2016 19:42)SF07 Wrote:  MEN coverage of the closure. Has a quote from a Bury driver, saying "They just dropped this bombshell on us today" and that First management said passengers aren't using the services as much as they should be.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/n...s-12276208

Bombshell is a very strong word. There's been rumours around for a good while now regarding both depots and certainly at Dukinfield many of the decent drivers feared this a good couple of years ago and swiftly moved to Stagecoach Ashton depot or even MCT.
(05/12/2016 16:56)Dentonian Wrote:  17 & 18 are already Queens Road routes, and go nowhere near Bury. Do you mean 162/3. 135 passes QS and was shared between Bury, Queens (and Frederick Road before de-reg) for many, many years. I suspect only the 348 & 350 will transfer from Duky, depending on when local tenders expire. Apart from Stagecoach's presence in the borough, Tameside MBC have just introduced a maximum £2 car parking charge at all its Car parks, so it is now virtually impossible for bus travel to match car usage for price within the borough. This will hit Ashton services particularly hard as they have a larger number and proportion of Council car parks than the other towns in the borough.

Clearly you haven't been to Ashton for a while Dentonian. The management team that run the ladysmith shopping centre (precinct) decided some weeks back to close their large multi-story car park (next to the beau guest pub) and it's now impossible to get a space on any car park in the town centre let alone TMBC owned car parks. I attempt to park on NCPs car park which costs £2.40 for two hours and that's now full all day every day.
(05/12/2016 23:14)M60lad Wrote:  I know its a bit early to probably speculate but do we know what will happen vehicle wise when the 2 Depots close? I only ask as I'm sure that the only depot with space that could accomodate Bury's Bendy fleet would be Bolton and unless 135 moves to Bolton I can't see what route/s Bolton could use them on and whoever gets 135 will need extra deckers unless deckers get sourced from other divisions.

I would of thought the 135 would move to Queens Road as would be a lot less dead running and after the PVR cuts over the years i would expect they do have the room for it

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)