Current time: 27/06/2024, 14:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RJ's of Wem, Wrexham
Big Grin RE: RJ's of Wem, Wrexham
(22/11/2016 20:40)knutstransport Wrote:  That bus doesn't look like it's fit to be on the road. They've not even put gaffer tape over the hole.

What hole? I can't see one anywhere even after closely looking at the pic for a while
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: RJ's of Wem, Wrexham
(22/11/2016 22:35)Y727 KNF Wrote:  What hole? I can't see one anywhere even after closely looking at the pic for a while

I think he's referring to the scrape where a logo once was.

Is this bus ex an ex JPT Manchester vehicle? I have no recollection of it running for them with that reg?
At the Public Inquiry held today in Birmingham the licences of RJs of Wem Ltd and that of RML2418 have been revoked due to the lack of financial standing. This will take effect in 14 days to allow Wrexham Council to obtain a new contractor.

DLG817
I have a website which looks at the bus and coach operators in North East Wales. There are current fleetlists for all operators and most have a full historic fleet list.
Included are current depot fleet lists for Arriva Cymru. There are also a number of ceased opertators with historic fleet lists including the GHA Group
The address and a link is www.Ronsbusesandcoaches.com
Good move by the TC here!

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(05/12/2016 14:11)T42 PVM Wrote:  Good move by the TC here!

So it really is the end of GHA then.
Wonder if they will appeal the decision.
(05/12/2016 16:04)Mayneway Wrote:  So it really is the end of GHA then.
Wonder if they will appeal the decision.

So at long last we have a TC with some balls,

Now who will Wrexham Council give the work to this time???
I have to laugh at Wrexham Council as they now look completely stupid for giving RJs work to begin with

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Is this the process Wrexham Council are using for the replacement contracts or is it for other contracts: https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/...=NOV170552

If it's the replacement ones they won't be starting until January.
(05/12/2016 16:29)knutstransport Wrote:  Is this the process Wrexham Council are using for the replacement contracts or is it for other contracts: https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/...=NOV170552

If it's the replacement ones they won't be starting until January.

The tender currently out is for the former GHA services with a One Year or two year option to the same timetable and specification

The tender also includes a Sunday service for service 41/42 for the new prison opening next years

The tender already published by Wrexham Council prior to today's decision closes on the 4th January with services commencing April 2017
(05/12/2016 17:37)Nwales Bus Wrote:  The tender currently out is for the former GHA services with a One Year or two year option to the same timetable and specification

The tender also includes a Sunday service for service 41/42 for the new prison opening next years

The tender already published by Wrexham Council prior to today's decision closes on the 4th January with services commencing April 2017

There's always an option for not awarding contracts so I wondered if Wrexham council had prepared for the event in RJs of Wem having their licences suspended when they released that.

Contracts commencing April 2017 sounds like enough time to award the contracts and register them normally. The long term GHA replacement contracts in Cheshire East all went in as short notice registrations due to Cheshire East not awarding them more than 8 weeks of advance of the start date!

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)