Current time: 02/05/2024, 14:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Stagecoach Wigan services have been partly disrupted today due to part of Wallgate/Queens Street railway bridge at the back of Platform 6 collapsing earlier on today, at first Wigan Wallgate was fully closed but by this afternoon it was open in one direction (inbound) only and closed outbound.

All traffic that would normally use Queens Street was having to go through the town centre and Wallgate and down past Leisure Centre.

Services inbound to Wigan were queuing back to Saddle Junction and having upto 40mins added to their journy times.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Newly branded for 250/X50 route is MMC400 10612 and is on duty that does 08:41 291 Piccadilly-Trafford Centre then back as X50.

Not to sure how many of these are being done but this is the first I'v heard about MMCs being branded for HE's Trafford Centre routes.
(02/12/2016 08:40)M60lad Wrote:  Newly branded for 250/X50 route is MMC400 10612 and is on duty that does 08:41 291 Piccadilly-Trafford Centre then back as X50.

Not to sure how many of these are being done but this is the first I'v heard about MMCs being branded for HE's Trafford Centre routes.

Wasn't there something in the MEN a few weeks ago about the 250/X50 getting new MMC buses towards the end of the year? I'm sure it was Dentonian that mentioned it at the time.
(12/11/2016 12:04)Dentonian Wrote:  Although regular gridlock caused by suburban roadworks and M60 accidents/incidents, suggests that running a Stockport-Airport/WFT only service will become inevitable, I wasn't thinking of anything that drastic. Indeed, the article mentions 330, along with 23/23A/24, 216, but more significantly 250/X50. The inferrence of the article is that the latter routes will get MMCs (PVR 13 or 14) sooner rather than later, suggesting they will have to be taken off other routes.

This is the post I was referring too.

Seems strange how they have waited so long to start branding these as they could have been done straight away ie - before they got bedded in on other routes.
Are there any of the east lancs loyne bodied tridents still on the road? Don't know why but they've always looked quite attractive to me.

Also having the single door where it was only hinged 1 side made them interesting. Plus having the windows on the stairs made it feel quite airy inside & drivers I've chatted to seemed to like them. 1 thing that puzzles me with the hybrid enviros is why bother?

Seems weird why they weren't designed differently IE use the engine to charge the batteries & then run on electric only & restart the engine when the bats got low.
(02/12/2016 14:19)33109 Wrote:  Seems weird why they weren't designed differently IE use the engine to charge the batteries & then run on electric only & restart the engine when the bats got low.

The use of the electric engine cuts out fuel wastage when buses are idling and getting up to speed. Vehicles are at their thirstiest when pulling off a standing start due to the higher revs experienced in lower gear.
Might be a stupid question as it is a public bus service, but is it okay for the public to travel to the World Freight Centre?
Would anyone doing so and then catching the next bus back be regarded with suspicion, or is it possible to walk from the bus stop there to a different bus stop to minimise this?
(03/12/2016 16:43)Dentonian Wrote:  Unless arrangements have changed there should be no problem. The main stop is/was on the 18 route and is now served occasionally by 44, 288 & 368A. I think there is also a stop at the near (to Runger Lane) end of WFT, so you could get off at the first stop served (where stand time is taken and Monarch Airlines and Jet2 hangars are across the road), walk back to Avro Way and backtrack 300 yards or so to the other end of WFT. The more energetic could get off and keeping left walk alongside these hangars (landside, of course), past an old hangar with various vehicles parked inside and then turn left up to the RVP. From there you could catch the 200 back to the Interchange, bearing in miond pedestrians are allowed in the RVP free of charge.

Many thanks. I guess that the RVP is the viewing park.
Just regarding the latest to the branding of MMC400s for 250/X50s is that at least one or more have had the full branding treatment done now like the 23/23A/24s have had done including the covering of the rear Emergency Exit upstairs and with route maps on both sides underneath the downstairs windows.
(04/12/2016 22:09)M60lad Wrote:  Just regarding the latest to the branding of MMC400s for 250/X50s is that at least one or more have had the full branding treatment done now like the 23/23A/24s have had done including the covering of the rear Emergency Exit upstairs and with route maps on both sides underneath the downstairs windows.

Same as 23/23A/24, Full map on the side of the bus and rear window covered

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)