Current time: 20/04/2024, 09:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(14/11/2016 14:23)326VFM Wrote:  Steven Knights reportedly that Ex-LT Leyland Olympian open topper L158 D158FYM now just left the Stagecoach fleet. I wondered where is going on? Maybe return to Ensign bus dealer or sold on?
I hear preservation but unknown..all i know it was still at RF on friday
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(13/11/2016 14:09)knutstransport Wrote:  If the road user breaches a rule saying you 'must not' then the police can charge them with an offence but if they breach a rule which says 'do not' all the police can do is giving them an advisory notice, which is effectively just a recommendation from the police that they should park elsewhere.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-...238-to-252

Rule 242 applies:

You MUST NOT leave your vehicle or trailer in a dangerous position or where it causes any unnecessary obstruction of the road.
I see the general public has been venting its spleen all over social media with regards to the weekend fiasco at Cheshire Oaks , when it took some people three hours to get out .

Im really surprised in the end that the 1 and the X8 were not diverted completely away from cheshire Oaks , both routes already struggling due to the use of the Wallasey Tunnel already adding extra journey time .

Im not sure what Stagecoach could do maybe turn the route at Cheshire Oaks the opposite way round , but would then need a solution for the Blue Planet Aquarium.
(14/11/2016 19:59)wirralbus Wrote:  I see the general public has been venting its spleen all over social media with regards to the weekend fiasco at Cheshire Oaks , when it took some people three hours to get out .

Im really surprised in the end that the 1 and the X8 were not diverted completely away from cheshire Oaks , both routes already struggling due to the use of the Wallasey Tunnel already adding extra journey time .

Im not sure what Stagecoach could do maybe turn the route at Cheshire Oaks the opposite way round , but would then need a solution for the Blue Planet Aquarium.

I have said about COaks many a time but they dont listen. The bus stops and infastructure is all there, they just need to have the route. As for Blue Planet, I hardly see the stop used if I am honest. They could say change at Coaks and it is free if just doing that small hop and you already have a ticket.
Its not really Stagecoach's fault Cheshire Oaks.

Stagecoach need to look at contingency's though as there service flagship service 1 could be hurt if this is going to be a continuing problem.

I think an interim measure to have the buses enter at the lower roundabout and exit at the upper roundabout maybe better , but McAthurGlen need to look long and hard at what they could do with Cheshire West and Chester Council with regards to a complete replacement of those dreaded roundabout with road signals .

Have you ever tried to get through those roundabouts when there is complete gridlock its like trying to suck treacle through a straw.
(15/11/2016 06:43)wirralbus Wrote:  Its not really Stagecoach's fault Cheshire Oaks.

Stagecoach need to look at contingency's though as there service flagship service 1 could be hurt if this is going to be a continuing problem.

I think an interim measure to have the buses enter at the lower roundabout and exit at the upper roundabout maybe better , but McAthurGlen need to look long and hard at what they could do with Cheshire West and Chester Council with regards to a complete replacement of those dreaded roundabout with road signals .

Have you ever tried to get through those roundabouts when there is complete gridlock its like trying to suck treacle through a straw.

I know the traffic isn't Stagecoach's fault but what is their fault is that they dont take steps to try and resolve the issue. Maybe some market research needs to go on to see where all the people are going to as it could be a viable bus journey and 70 people on a bus takes up a lot less space than 50-60 cars.

I think maybe the parking around the back of VUE should be better advertised and SC should do a free or very cheap ticket if travelling in the 'Oaks zone' like Marks and Spencers - Colliseum - C Oaks. Like GHA did free but that was a bit silly. SC could bring a lot of people onto the buses especially around the Oaks.

It could also help Stagecoach if they looked at doing a deal with Merseyrail so that if people go by train to EPort then there is a discount to COaks or a through train ticket where SC gets some sort of money for being a part of it. Like Chester Zoo. There is so much potential for SC but everything is too much about money.
(14/11/2016 15:56)Dentonian Wrote:  Apologies to Steven Knight if I'm wrong, but looking at the date - and more specifically at the large number of other buses supposedly disposed of - I wonder if this is the usual case of Fleet Cards coming out, and assumptions made about what has happened.

FTR, the other buses supposedly gone are 17021/111/201/501/49/91, 34601/741/2/4/5/80. Can anyone confirm which (if any) of these have physically left SGNW?

D158FYM was supposed to be going to the Heritage Fleet. 17021/111/201 and all the darts mentioned with the execption of 34741 are in Gillmoss
(15/11/2016 10:31)PO59 MXJ Wrote:  D158FYM was supposed to be going to the Heritage Fleet. 17021/111/201 and all the darts mentioned with the execption of 34741 are in Gillmoss

17591 was still in the yard at Rock Ferry yesterday when I drove past, in the same place it's been for months, I'm sure 17501 is still in the same place inside just to the left of the door.......the Chester O/T's are in there though as he states.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(15/11/2016 08:21)iMarkeh Wrote:  I know the traffic isn't Stagecoach's fault but what is their fault is that they dont take steps to try and resolve the issue. Maybe some market research needs to go on to see where all the people are going to as it could be a viable bus journey and 70 people on a bus takes up a lot less space than 50-60 cars.

It could also help Stagecoach if they looked at doing a deal with Merseyrail so that if people go by train to EPort then there is a discount to COaks or a through train ticket where SC gets some sort of money for being a part of it. Like Chester Zoo. There is so much potential for SC but everything is too much about money.

And to where will Stagecoach be getting the money to carry out this market research? They won't be using their own income to solve a problem that isn't caused internally.

Most of the local areas around Cheshire Oaks are affluent, these are people that have atleast one car. If you were on a higher than average income and the choice of paying for the bus or driving your own vehicle to a place with free parking right on the doorstep you'd simply take the car.

Likewise Stagecoach won't do a deal with Merseyrail because at present they make more money by someone travelling to chester or Ellesmere Port Station and getting the X8 from there than they would under a deal. Stagecoach only continued the deal on service 1 from Bache because it was an agreement with First. Ideally, Stagecoach want people using the express X8 only (instead of the train) to the tourist attractions and to purchase their own £3.90 dayticket (and is complimented by the stopping 1 and 2)
Next question do Stagecoach really want a bus stuck on the X8 in Cheshire Oaks in very heavy gridlocked , i dont think so .

It does not happen every day at Cheshire Oaks but when it happens it will produce a lot of negative feedback for both the bus companies and the likes Cheshire Oaks and the companies on site.

As iMarkeh has wrote its now time for solutions to be looked for now.

I suppose on the day of the fiasco the 2 was the only service running to some reasonable timetable and even that was subject to traffic conditions in Liverpool .

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)