Current time: 29/03/2024, 13:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
18147 (PX04 DOA) is back at Birkenhead
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/11/2016 03:30)E208 WBG Wrote:  From talking to drivers who been on it the biggest ptoblem is the turn from the bridge at Bebington Station into Greendale and vice versa as no room is given and cars park right to the curb. I yet to do a 2 yet so cant comment myself... only thing I can say is the 38 is much better now were not serving Port Sunlight

Following a Gold liveried 2 at about 09.40 approx. this morning I can vouch that the driver seemed to struggle getting into Greendale Road , because there was a parked vehicle right up to the junction , he seriously looked like he had the vehicle on full lock to get round .

Then further up the road he struggle to do the left turn into Bolton Road because of parked vehicles on the left hand side of the road and the amount of vehicles trying to get out of Bolton Road which blocks the vehicles turning circle.

Does Stagecoach have a Health and Safety Union rep that looks at route alterations.
Anything like when I was there, union have no chance, stagecoach don't seem to listen or care when it comes to union reps
(09/11/2016 12:52)wirralbus Wrote:  Following a Gold liveried 2 at about 09.40 approx. this morning I can vouch that the driver seemed to struggle getting into Greendale Road , because there was a parked vehicle right up to the junction , he seriously looked like he had the vehicle on full lock to get round .

Then further up the road he struggle to do the left turn into Bolton Road because of parked vehicles on the left hand side of the road and the amount of vehicles trying to get out of Bolton Road which blocks the vehicles turning circle.

Does Stagecoach have a Health and Safety Union rep that looks at route alterations.

The police ought to book the car owners for obstructing the highway. (It does not matter whether or not there are yellow lines - parking in a manner that causes a serious obstruction is an offence. )
I did the 2 yesterday myself that turn from Boundary into Greendale is a pain as no where to swing and cars parked to corner also a traffic island on otherside I had to edge it around but was close on either side..other drivers have said the same.

I cant comment on what will be done as I dont know but im hoping the council double line both sides of that junction to give us the angle to get around
(10/11/2016 05:27)E208 WBG Wrote:  I did the 2 yesterday myself that turn from Boundary into Greendale is a pain as no where to swing and cars parked to corner also a traffic island on otherside I had to edge it around but was close on either side..other drivers have said the same.

I cant comment on what will be done as I dont know but im hoping the council double line both sides of that junction to give us the angle to get around

Think part of the problem is Greendale Road has been devoid of a bus route for so long now that people have taken for granted the fact they could park near enough to Bebington Road with impunity
From reading tweets yesterday Stagecoach were having big problems with their Chester services and their Cross-River services yesterday caused by a cobination of Christmas Shoppers at Cheshire Oaks and the fact Queensway Tunnel is closed until Monday morning, from what I gathered a couple of X8s didnt operate due to traffic round both Cheshire Oaks and having to go via Walasey Tunnel into and outoff Liverpool and the fact they ended up running over 1 hour late.
(13/11/2016 06:30)M60lad Wrote:  From reading tweets yesterday Stagecoach were having big problems with their Chester services and their Cross-River services yesterday caused by a cobination of Christmas Shoppers at Cheshire Oaks and the fact Queensway Tunnel is closed until Monday morning, from what I gathered a couple of X8s didnt operate due to traffic round both Cheshire Oaks and having to go via Walasey Tunnel into and outoff Liverpool and the fact they ended up running over 1 hour late.

It didn't help when Cheshire Oaks had an exit slip road closed, which exacerbated the long delays getting out, some car drivers tweeted that it took them over 3 hours to get out of the oaks car park, they really do need to sort this out, this isn't the first time services have been delayed and it certainly will not be the last, Cheshire Oaks needs to look at this problem and look fast!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(09/11/2016 22:29)Bevan Price Wrote:  The police ought to book the car owners for obstructing the highway. (It does not matter whether or not there are yellow lines - parking in a manner that causes a serious obstruction is an offence. )

If the road user breaches a rule saying you 'must not' then the police can charge them with an offence but if they breach a rule which says 'do not' all the police can do is giving them an advisory notice, which is effectively just a recommendation from the police that they should park elsewhere.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-...238-to-252
Steven Knights reportedly that Ex-LT Leyland Olympian open topper L158 D158FYM now just left the Stagecoach fleet. I wondered where is going on? Maybe return to Ensign bus dealer or sold on?

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)