Current time: 29/03/2024, 10:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(05/11/2016 20:24)Dentonian Wrote:  Just looking at fares on NW's website and notice that they have a "Senior Citizens/Disabled" DayRover for an incredible £4.80. I'm at a loss as to why such a ticket exists at a massive 80% of the full adult fare, given that it would only be relevant for travel up to 0930, 5 days a week. Or am I missing something?

Maybe people in Warrington often lose/forget their passes!
Seriously though, I think £4 was the cost of the Stagecoach day ticket I bought for the large Merseyside Plus Zone, extending to places like Runcorn and the Wirral ... and I'm a full fare passenger!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
No surprises here really, this is the same company that charges £5.90 return for a 5 mile round trip. Oh and 50p for dogs.
(05/11/2016 20:24)Dentonian Wrote:  Just looking at fares on NW's website and notice that they have a "Senior Citizens/Disabled" DayRover for an incredible £4.80. I'm at a loss as to why such a ticket exists at a massive 80% of the full adult fare, given that it would only be relevant for travel up to 0930, 5 days a week. Or am I missing something?

It's for travel before 9.30am. We get a fair few senior citizens that still work and get early buses. Another example would be senior citizens needing to get to the hospital well before 9.30am. They show their pass to the driver and get the discounted Day Rover. BTW 50p for dogs is a bargain :-)
A new fleet list has been produced (always makes me happy!)
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/asset...609371.pdf

193 seems to have been brought out of storage! It will be interesting to see which diagrams are converted to decker working with these new guys.
It looks from this list like the ex Routemaster geminis have now all been fitted with Mobitech LED dests.
We also have 36 and 38 now being stored unserviceable.
54 and 63 have lost their adverts for Golden Square, while 188 and 191 have acquired them.

About the dests, I see more and more errors on that equipment, particularly on the hybrids, which very often don't seem to recognise a change of number/destination when the driver inputs it. They often show a different thing on the back/sides to the front, i.e. sometimes one or both of them are wrong.
Last night, hybrid 103 had the destination 'Warring G' on the side, while 56 next to it was alternating between showing 'Addr: 06', 'Ver: 1662-R23' and 'Bib: 1882-R4'.
(08/11/2016 21:33)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  It's for travel before 9.30am. We get a fair few senior citizens that still work and get early buses. Another example would be senior citizens needing to get to the hospital well before 9.30am. They show their pass to the driver and get the discounted Day Rover. BTW 50p for dogs is a bargain :-)

50p might be a bargain in some eyes but most other companies don't charge for dogs now unless they sit on the seats.
(09/11/2016 07:47)motormayhem1 Wrote:  50p might be a bargain in some eyes but most other companies don't charge for dogs now unless they sit on the seats.

I think both stagecoach and first here in Manchester charge £1 for dogs, again many stagecoach drivers just wave them on and they don't pay.
It's similar for OAP's. On the occasions I've travelled before 9.30am and OAP's have boarded the drivers tend to just let them on.
So in that case it is cheaper then.
(09/11/2016 05:52)Valandil Wrote:  A new fleet list has been produced (always makes me happy!)
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/asset...609371.pdf

193 seems to have been brought out of storage! It will be interesting to see which diagrams are converted to decker working with these new guys.
It looks from this list like the ex Routemaster geminis have now all been fitted with Mobitech LED dests.
We also have 36 and 38 now being stored unserviceable.
54 and 63 have lost their adverts for Golden Square, while 188 and 191 have acquired them.

About the dests, I see more and more errors on that equipment, particularly on the hybrids, which very often don't seem to recognise a change of number/destination when the driver inputs it. They often show a different thing on the back/sides to the front, i.e. sometimes one or both of them are wrong.
Last night, hybrid 103 had the destination 'Warring G' on the side, while 56 next to it was alternating between showing 'Addr: 06', 'Ver: 1662-R23' and 'Bib: 1882-R4'.

Could see 193 in the depot today, looks just about ready to enter service. There is still also at least one in Routemaster livery however.
Saw a Network Warrington branded van going up Barnard Street off Old Liverpool Road today.
I wouldn't hold my breath, but I wonder if they might be thinking of running anything around Saxon Park.
Having said that, they were probably just on the way to get rid of something at the recycling centre!
193 got out of the depot today.

User(s) browsing this thread: