Current time: 25/04/2024, 17:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Cant say if its true, but heard that Rock Ferry is very short of drivers at the moment
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/11/2016 19:17)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  No doubt, this is putting people off travelling by bus

Agreed. Consistent change is a big problem in the bus industry. The idea was to allow operators to try out new services & be inniotiave. Unfortunately, what's actually happened is constant tinkering with schedules which alienates the core market.
For anyone who is intrested 27772 has been on route today in place of a Gold Enviro300
(03/11/2016 19:29)N271CKB Wrote:  Cant say if its true, but heard that Rock Ferry is very short of drivers at the moment

Some have gone to Arriva,their drivers are on more Money

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
What is the official route of the service 2 in Port Sunlight village after the alterations to the route , only I have seen two number 2's pass Port Sunlight Station chester bound , one was a Gold liveried bus and the other was in normal stagecoach colours , seen no others and also not seen any Liverpool bound .
(08/11/2016 15:43)wirralbus Wrote:  What is the official route of the service 2 in Port Sunlight village after the alterations to the route , only I have seen two number 2's pass Port Sunlight Station chester bound , one was a Gold liveried bus and the other was in normal stagecoach colours , seen no others and also not seen any Liverpool bound .

Bolton Road / Greendale Road

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(08/11/2016 15:43)wirralbus Wrote:  What is the official route of the service 2 in Port Sunlight village after the alterations to the route , only I have seen two number 2's pass Port Sunlight Station chester bound , one was a Gold liveried bus and the other was in normal stagecoach colours , seen no others and also not seen any Liverpool bound .

From bebington station left under bridge, first right into Greendale Rd, down to low bridge turn left onto Bolton Rd then right onto A41

A couple drivers missed the left turn onto Boton Road so had to turn around old 151 way past station
(08/11/2016 18:07)E208 WBG Wrote:  From bebington station left under bridge, first right into Greendale Rd, down to low bridge turn left onto Bolton Rd then right onto A41

A couple drivers missed the left turn onto Boton Road so had to turn around old 151 way past station

That left turn into Bolton Road from Greendale Road is very tight if there is traffic in Bolton Road , can see that being a pinch point .
(08/11/2016 22:11)wirralbus Wrote:  That left turn into Bolton Road from Greendale Road is very tight if there is traffic in Bolton Road , can see that being a pinch point .

From talking to drivers who been on it the biggest ptoblem is the turn from the bridge at Bebington Station into Greendale and vice versa as no room is given and cars park right to the curb. I yet to do a 2 yet so cant comment myself... only thing I can say is the 38 is much better now were not serving Port Sunlight
(08/11/2016 15:40)Penny Return Wrote:  Some have gone to Arriva,their drivers are on more Money

Who knew? If you pay staff a higher hourly rate with better conditions of service than your competitors they are more likely to want to work for you, be happier in their work and show loyalty to their employer. Clearly that business model only works in white collar industries.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)