Current time: 19/04/2024, 09:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
And for that matter the N1... are loadings increasing or is it a bit stagnant?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(06/10/2016 18:16)Valandil Wrote:  Yeah, it's always looked quiet when I've seen it too.

I'm not massively surprised because the 36 never really had huge loadings. I honestly don't know how GhA ran at a 30 minute interval. They always used pretty big buses too, when in reality, a solo would have probably been suffice.
Stagecoach have 2 points of major loading I think on the X2. That would be the schools in the middle. Helsby High and West cheshire always used the X2 to the port. Other than that, I see max 10 people. Like a normal X2. I doubt anyone does the through journey so in that respect, it might as well have stayed as X2 and 36 just retimed. They always use the Enviro400 for the X2 so loadings must be somewhat decent at some point. Unless that is to drag people on as decker seem to get people excited.
(06/10/2016 17:36)telf23 Wrote:  Does anybody know how the X2 is performing, particularly the Runcorn to Cheshire Oaks stretch? I drove past one a few days ago in Frodsham, Peak time, and I must admit it was pretty quiet

Seems to do not to bad early to late morning, not full loads but healthy loads. Have noticed a few times Enviro400s with a full load below and a few up top so there are a few workings that can justify a decker, does seem to go dead between Frodsham and Ellesmere Port though, but this is no different to the old GHA 36 really with consistently just a handful of people going to/from Cheshire Oaks.
(06/10/2016 20:59)iMarkeh Wrote:  Stagecoach have 2 points of major loading I think on the X2. That would be the schools in the middle. Helsby High and West cheshire always used the X2 to the port. Other than that, I see max 10 people. Like a normal X2. I doubt anyone does the through journey so in that respect, it might as well have stayed as X2 and 36 just retimed. They always use the Enviro400 for the X2 so loadings must be somewhat decent at some point. Unless that is to drag people on as decker seem to get people excited.

The Enviro400s aren't always on the X2,seen a couple of tridents on late

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I was in Ellesmere Port Bus station at lunchtime, noticed an X2 come in from Chester, not all passengers got off and there was quite a few waiting to board.
Timekeeping on both the 2 & X2 is becoming a bit of an issue. The X2 is largely down to the roadworks in the Runcorn area, which has a knock on effect throughout the day. The 2 seems to struggle to maintain timings as well & one whistled past me at Backford today as 'Out of Service', presumably to make up some of the 25 minute defecit!

The idea of routing the 2 around Bebington certainly seems to have caught on as there are quite a few travelling on the new parts of the route. However, it's notable that quite a few people (myself included) who sometimes used the 2 through from Liverpool are now shunning it completely on the northern part of the route, as it's normally quicker to get a 1 or X8.
(07/10/2016 19:39)Turbostar Wrote:  Timekeeping on both the 2 & X2 is becoming a bit of an issue. The X2 is largely down to the roadworks in the Runcorn area, which has a knock on effect throughout the day. The 2 seems to struggle to maintain timings as well & one whistled past me at Backford today as 'Out of Service', presumably to make up some of the 25 minute defecit!

The idea of routing the 2 around Bebington certainly seems to have caught on as there are quite a few travelling on the new parts of the route. However, it's notable that quite a few people (myself included) who sometimes used the 2 through from Liverpool are now shunning it completely on the northern part of the route, as it's normally quicker to get a 1 or X8.

Chester is a nightmare for bus services at the moment , with Frodsham street closed ,brook lane bridge closed buses having to detour, plus you have the roadworks at moston traffic lights and those mentioned it's little wonder really why there are issues, from Chesters end the council don't seam to give two hoots in causing major disruption, they just seam hell bent on annoying the residents and passenger alike, I really feel for the drivers who endure no end of grief from passengers .

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(07/10/2016 20:03)chester285 Wrote:  from Chesters end the council don't seam to give two hoots in causing major disruption, they just seam hell bent on annoying the residents and passenger alike,

Unfortunately, it is not just Chester, but ALL council's are just as bad!
Chester285, that is CWACC. Look at the new bus station. No one wants it and it will cause more hassle bus wise. Everything in that small space will be a joke to see.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)