Current time: 20/04/2024, 10:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(22/09/2016 16:49)Penny Return Wrote:  Was informed this afternoon that the 2 is to revert to its previous route in Bromborough
and go a different way in Sunlight Village, like the 418,they have upset lots of people
in the area with their stupid route changes

Nothing officially mention as of yet...once I hear something official then I will inform you.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Steven Knight Media reports that Trident 18147 which went to Midlands along with most of the others has apparently returned up here to Merseyside & South lancashire, no idea what depot though.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(23/09/2016 05:22)E208 WBG Wrote:  Nothing officially mention as of yet...once I hear something official then I will inform you.

I think the reason for the route that was taken was the need to serve New Ferry Village Centre and Port Sunlight . There has to be a solution to the Port Sunlight quandry .

If the service 2 gets rerouted , then the 38/38A should follow suit .
(23/09/2016 10:25)wirralbus Wrote:  If the service 2 gets rerouted , then the 38/38A should follow suit .

Why? If the problem is that some residents don't like buses going past their homes, then surely halving the number of buses is a good compromise.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(23/09/2016 18:17)Quackdave Wrote:  Why? If the problem is that some residents don't like buses going past their homes, then surely halving the number of buses is a good compromise.

The better solution would be to tell the NIMBY whingers where to go. Two buses an hour in each direction on the 2 is not exactly an area "over saturated with buses"
(23/09/2016 10:18)gka472l Wrote:  Steven Knight Media reports that Trident 18147 which went to Midlands along with most of the others has apparently returned up here to Merseyside & South lancashire, no idea what depot though.

HTH

Gillmoss
Had a fantastic day today, at the Bus & Tram show in Birkenhead, I was somewhat disappointed that Stagecoach didn't have any buses on display, unlike in previous years.
Does anybody know how the X2 is performing, particularly the Runcorn to Cheshire Oaks stretch? I drove past one a few days ago in Frodsham, Peak time, and I must admit it was pretty quiet
(06/10/2016 17:36)telf23 Wrote:  Does anybody know how the X2 is performing, particularly the Runcorn to Cheshire Oaks stretch? I drove past one a few days ago in Frodsham, Peak time, and I must admit it was pretty quiet

Yeah, it's always looked quiet when I've seen it too.
Anyone know how the 2 is doing on it's new Tranmere route? I haven't actually seen one along this stretch of the route yet so not sure how many people use it

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)