Current time: 23/04/2024, 21:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Arriva North West - Speke Depot (Old Closed Thread)
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(28/09/2016 08:01)T42 PVM Wrote:  There was at least 2 Commanders on there yesterday witch is a daily thing so not worth reporting.
The route is booked for Geminis. Anything different that I see I shall report.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
Find all posts by this user
There is never 1 day where the route is 100 Percent Geminis, It is pointless to report anything that happens on a regular basis..

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
With Speke having so many double deckers , they should be able to keep the same vehicle types together though.

Its good for us enthusiasts that there maybe a mix of vehicles but the investments decisions where done on the basis of route by route investment .
(28/09/2016 08:37)childwallblues Wrote:  The route is booked for Geminis. Anything different that I see I shall report.

Primarily yes - but there are always other vehicle types on the route. I believe this is because the Gemini 2s only have one wheelchair bay
Very inconsistent i would say to have multiple different double deckers on the route , put it this way if that had happened in london TfL would be coming down heavily on Arriva , just be glad that system hasnt started here yet.

Its a case of standards in Liverpool are not the same as the higher standards in London , some may argue differently.
(28/09/2016 16:42)SL64 JDZ Wrote:  Primarily yes - but there are always other vehicle types on the route. I believe this is because the Gemini 2s only have one wheelchair bay

Wrong.

The amount of Gemini's ordered for the 79/82 was on the basis of the 82 running to Speke every 6 minutes and the 79 running to Halewood every 10 minutes, and to Belle Vale every 10 also. The extension to Netherley again has increased the PVR (by 1/2?) and now 3 buses are branded for route 500. It means that if a Gemini is VOR, there are very few spares to replace it, and as such, another vehicle is used.
And when the PVR of the 79 went up by 2 last year 2 Gemini 1s where drafted in to cope

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/09/2016 19:08)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Wrong.

The amount of Gemini's ordered for the 79/82 was on the basis of the 82 running to Speke every 6 minutes and the 79 running to Halewood every 10 minutes, and to Belle Vale every 10 also. The extension to Netherley again has increased the PVR (by 1/2?) and now 3 buses are branded for route 500. It means that if a Gemini is VOR, there are very few spares to replace it, and as such, another vehicle is used.

The 79 PVR was further increased last year to sort out time keeping issues, so the 44 Geminis originally bought for the 79/82 falls short of the present PVR so there has to be other types running on them,this should be balanced out when the new hybrids arrive next year
Commander 2590 on the 79 yesterday.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(04/10/2016 05:55)childwallblues Wrote:  Commander 2590 on the 79 yesterday.

As it has been said before this isn't unusual
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)